New iPod Nano for free.....

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
....if you've got an old 1st Generation iPod Nano.

Because of battery problems (bursting into flames!) with the 1st gen iPod Nanos which were released in 2005-2006, Apple have set up a replacement program.
All you've got to do is go to their site ----> Apple - Support - iPod nano Replacement Program and enter your serial number. They will then check your serial against the affected batch and if yours is one of them they'll send you a box so you can return your iPod to them for replacement.

I've read in various places that Apple are replacing the faulty iPods with the latest generation Nanos, but I've also seen some reports that they will only replace with 1st gen Nanos or will simply replace the battery in your iPod and send it back to you.
(although I don't think the latter is true because Apple have said that personalised iPods will be replaced with non-personalised iPods).

I managed to find mine yesterday and its one of the iPods that needs replacing so I'm just waiting for a box from Apple and I'll be sending it in.

So... worth a go if you've got an old one sitting around doing nothing.

Thanks for that.Ive found my old one and it qualifies...but im in two minds....i wouldnt want the latest gen i really like the 1st!!

Thanks fella, hav to check if mine qualifies. It's on it's last legs anyhow... Worth a try.

just done mine.... and it qualifies... :yahoo:

best thing is, Gen1 is a 2gb

they only sell current ones in 8 and 16 :yahoo::jump:

You will get the refurbed 1st gen nano as replacement and not the new/current nano :p

My wife dropped her Nano in the sea a week after I bought it for her. It hasn't worked since. It doesn't turn off. We still have it, so we have filled in the online form and are awaiting a carton to send it back in.

It will therefore be a right result if we get a working replacement.

Cheers big ears!

does this one get it?
P10264847b.jpg

Nope don't think so... Just first gen nanos. White or black front with silver/chromed rear.

Mines one of those. Now awaiting a box too.

Just read an article on the daily mail site. You do apparently get the NEW nano... Not a replacement gen1.

Suppose I'll see what turns up then... Either way it's a win or an epic win lol

Update: pc mag are saying a similar thing
Apple Replacing First-Gen iPod Nano Due to Overheating Risk | News & Opinion | PCMag.coms suspected, unless apple have put the original nano into "limited production" the chances of them having, what could be millions of, first gens (above their original left over warranty stock, maybe a few thousand units) is very slim...

Last edited:
i rec'd my jiffy bag and prepaid envelope today for mine, personally i'm not bothered what i get back as the nano was plugged into my car only and if i get a new one i'll have to get a new adapter from Audi.
The bag did have a letter advising they will check for water damage etc and wont replace them if they are faulty.

i rec'd my jiffy bag and prepaid envelope today for mine, personally i'm not bothered what i get back as the nano was plugged into my car only and if i get a new one i'll have to get a new adapter from Audi.
The bag did have a letter advising they will check for water damage etc and wont replace them if they are faulty.

Lets hope there is no sea salt from Aldeburgh still left in my wifes Nano.:)

Just read an article on the daily mail site. You do apparently get the NEW nano... Not a replacement gen1.

Suppose I'll see what turns up then... Either way it's a win or an epic win lol

Update: pc mag are saying a similar thing
Apple Replacing First-Gen iPod Nano Due to Overheating Risk | News & Opinion | PCMag.coms suspected, unless apple have put the original nano into "limited production" the chances of them having, what could be millions of, first gens (above their original left over warranty stock, maybe a few thousand units) is very slim...

I asked one of the Geniuse at apple store in trafford centre he said they will replace the battery and send out the refurb ones .. no guarantee that it will be the unit ou owned tho .. i guess lets wait and see .. i actually like the first gen ..better than the poxy new ones they too small just like shuffle .

Sal

Nice one Ads, just sent off for a replacement iPod to replace the Nano that has been sat in a drawer for about 4 years.

Nice one Ads, just sent off for a replacement iPod to replace the Nano that has been sat in a drawer for about 4 years.

Hopefully the replacement will be the new nano. I've read articles saying it'll be the latest gen, and articles saying it'll be 1st gen.

Watch this space I guess....

Just received an email saying that my replacement iPod has been despatched and will be with me in 4 days. The email gives the serial number of the iPod being sent to me and I checked the model on Apple's website using their serial number checker (here --> https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do )

....and my replacement is an iPod Nano..............

*wait for it*

.......6th Generation!!! In silver.

as always with recall's mines not included in the program!!!!! i WILL get something for free one day.......

8gb thats a result!! mine is still awaiting replacement since 17th december.Ive bought a couple more off ebay!!!