1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New interior required

Simon Feb 18, 2003

1. Simon

Simon Member

I have discovered a rather disapointing tear in the fabric on my drivers seat. ('96 A4)

This is a standard cloth t-sport interior, so I need to get it sorted. I was thinking about either getting the seats recovered in leather/alcantara or getting a second hand leather interior from a breakers (such as all Audi)

anyone got any ideas?

2. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

Sounds like a good idea to look for an Audi breaker, see if they have any of the S4's up for scrapping/stripping.
    If you're prepared to travel a distance you'll find what you want at a breakers, but if not then you will be very limited in choice. Through my local Audi dealer it costs just over 2000 Euros (1200-1400 GBP) to do a full leather interior for the A3, so am looking at the scapyard option.......just wish i'd bought the A3T with the leather now.....hindsights a wonderful thing.

3. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

See how u get on at the scrapyard, but u'll be lucky if u can find a mint alacantra leather trim going cheap! A place near me dyes and sells all kinds of leathers and another place i know of can fit it for you onto ur old seat frame.

4. Simon

Simon Member

well it seems like a breakers don't get them that often /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif but when they do they range from £5-700

a retrim of existing seats will cost anywhere between £7-1200 PLUS VAT!!!!

I can get a standard cloth sport interior for about £200

unless a leather one comes up at the breakers soon it looks like I'll replacing cloth with cloth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Simon