New in so many ways!!

Audi5000

Reaction score
So my wife and i just recently became proud Audi owners. Our last car before this one was an 1995 Hyuandi Accent with 245,000 miles on it.
We just purchased an 1998 Audi A4 quattro and are very excited. I've never worked on cars nor had any interest to do so. Owning an Audi has changed all that for the both of us. So all that see this will probably see my posting some pretty stupid questions. So be kind.

Hi & :sign_welcome: to the site.

Hello and welcome ........i am amazed 1995 Hyuandi Accent with 245,000 miles thats unheard of should email Hyuandi they might ask for the vIN number of the car

Were are you ?

I live in Eugene OR. Yeah everyone says that they are amazed at how long that beast ran. By the time we used it as a trade in it had the following problems:

1 windshield wiper worked (driver side)
1 headlight worked
No dash lights
Stereo died
Rear triangle window fell out (duct taped back on)
Burned alot of oil
Blinkers stopped working (first they would only work if the hazards were on, the the hazards and blinkers failed to operate)
Weird electrical burning smell every once and awhile

the electrical on it was soooo screwed but the engine still ran pretty damn good. I'm suprised that we even got a 300 dollar trade in on it. But hey, when you start from the bottom you can go no where but up!! I think we made a major evolutionary leap though. That to our Audi...

hello and welcome to the site !

Hiya mate, welcome! all being well you should get at least 300K out of your new A4, you never know in the process you might break some records on how many postings you put up.

By the way my very first car was a Hyundai Stella in Sky Blue - skeletons are coming out of the closet now!!!

Rev-head said:
Hello and welcome ........i am amazed 1995 Hyuandi Accent with 245,000 miles thats unheard of should email Hyuandi they might ask for the vIN number of the car

Were are you ?

Probably should have mentioned i live in the states when i told you where i lived.

Hiya mate I think most of us brits would have gathered that i,e your trade in figures in dollars but still hey your now officially an audi owner and that changes everything. Hope you find the forum useful

pav-g said:
Hiya mate I think most of us brits would have gathered that i,e your trade in figures in dollars but still hey your now officially an audi owner and that changes everything. Hope you find the forum useful

LOL. I guess so. And yes the forum has proven very useful already.