1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Hid kit arriving tomorrow

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by waveform2, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Markey

Markey Active Member

Nice one i like the look of their kits and they are not badly priced i will give them a call tomorrow and see what the score is :)
  2. macattax

macattax Member

Yeah the HIDS are great the difference is (excuse the pun) but it is night an day lol. You get a lot crisper view out the window at night ,everything is visible from a good bit off. I dont think I would ever go back to standard lights. I havent felt this since the time I used to go online with 56k modem and then I switched to broadband that is the most apt example I can think of right now lol.

Look for the link I posted where I get mine about £50 delivered and only took 4 days to arrive from hong kong. I didnt get taxed because they sent it with documents stating they were only samples and had no value.

So if you are thinking of getting them just go for it you will have nothing to lose only gain m8.

One thing I have noticed though and wanted to ask you about Wave m8 is my passenger side light sometimes flickers moreso when I am parked up not so much when I am driving. Have you experienced this at all?
  3. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

Here is a pic of what mine is like. Is really hard to get any pics of how the lights look on this phone cam. You can see straight into the cluster in real life but cant in the pics. Will give people a rough idea anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. macattax

macattax Member

Decent pics m8 but would be nice to show how the projectors are looking as thats the nice part of it look wise.
    Forgot to mention that I didnt get around to getting te lights set but so far the level seems spot on and not in oncoming drivers eyes. Nobody has flash their high beams at me in the past few nights so I asume im ok on that end of it because I know I do flash ppl who blind me.
    An A3 did flash me tonight though but I was at the top of a hill while he was just coming over the crest of it but even if I was on standard lights im sure he/she would have flashed anyway as at that angle you are going to be blinded. Still pissed me off that they just set their full beams on me ffs bloody Audi drivers think they own the road FFS! (LMAO)
  5. Markey

Markey Active Member

I hate when people do that when you going up a hill etc what do you want me to do level the road out ????? :motz:
  6. macattax

macattax Member

Recently I have started getting hyper road rage with these kinda things and I do seriously contemplate pulling over and turning back to catch up with them and ask them WTF is your problem.
    More than likely this recent impulsive urge is going to get me into trouble lol
  7. waveform2

waveform2 * J e d i *

Nope not seen any flickering, but my kit is different tho so cant really compare, also mine is 50w which is hard to compare to my old 35w kit as ive gone from 8000k to 6000k too :keule:

But i can say i'm v.happy with the kit and the extra bulbs the guy provided for my full/fog/side lights, they match pretty dam well.

I'll get some piccies asap.

Cheers

Derek
  8. hacek

hacek www.a4-klub.pl

i have 6000k and wish i'd gone for 4300k, a bit too blue for me, but a lot better than standard lights so i highly recomend, easy fit.
  9. A4NA18

A4NA18 Member

Hi Lads,

Just to sum up:

-you can install the HIDs on pre facelift headlamps (H4 format)
    -you do not need washers
    -you do not need projectors
    -you won't have problems with law

??

Did I get something wrong?
  10. macattax

macattax Member

LOL yeah you got that totally wrong m8.
    For pre facelift you might want to consider upgrading to a one piece valeo headlamp unit with projector lens.
    More than likely you will get away with not having washers.
    But to put xenons in as your car is now you will be asking for trouble in my opinion unless you really know what you are doing and fine tune the settings on the lights to reduce glare as much as you possibly can but even then you are running a much higher risk of getting pulled by the rozzers.
    So to sum up for you get Valeo one piece projector headlamps before you even consider HIDS.
  11. waveform2

waveform2 * J e d i *

*Or* there are cheaper after market one and two peice projectors that i wouldnt recommend as i've been there and they are poor in comparison to the valeo units... But if cash is an issue might be ok? I was daft enough to go for the angel eye 1 peice lights before and they really are bad, trying to be a 5 series bmw but falling way short. On the other hand the valeo units with stock bulbs are equally ****! so draw your own conclusions from that rant... :)
  12. A4NA18

A4NA18 Member

Hehehehe !
    LMAO

Ok, I think I'll just stick to the Osram Nightbreakers then !

Thanks for the tips though, I will now bother other people in other threads !

Cheerio !