NEW HEADUNIT SUGGESTIONS.. Please

hambo1412

Reaction score
I have an AudiA3 Sportsback, Year 2006.

Currently it has an old Audi Symphony headunit installed, Ive been thinking of upgrading for a while, and now that I keep getting Error 2 messages coming up whenever I start the car and have to reinsert the cds its about time I got rid of this relic!

Anyway can anyone suggest a decent replacement?

Ive been looking at this Koolertron (link below) but can't seem to find any reviews what so ever!? Does anyone have one installed?

( Koolertron For 2003-2010 Audi A3 DVD Player With GPS Navigation Sat Nav + 7" Digital Touchscreen / PIP 2-ZONE Radio RDS Bluetooth / With Steering Wheel Control: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics)

Price range is up to around £350..

Thank you in advanced for any suggestions and/or help.

I have an AudiA3 Sportsback, Year 2006.

Currently it has an old Audi Symphony headunit installed, Ive been thinking of upgrading for a while, and now that I keep getting Error 2 messages coming up whenever I start the car and have to reinsert the cds its about time I got rid of this relic!

Anyway can anyone suggest a decent replacement?

Ive been looking at this Koolertron (link below) but can't seem to find any reviews what so ever!? Does anyone have one installed?

( Koolertron For 2003-2010 Audi A3 DVD Player With GPS Navigation Sat Nav + 7" Digital Touchscreen / PIP 2-ZONE Radio RDS Bluetooth / With Steering Wheel Control: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics)

Price range is up to around £350..

Thank you in advanced for any suggestions and/or help.

I bought one of these sort of units for my dad 2 years ago.
It was great, loads of extras, more options than a factory unit (RNS-e style) but they just feel lacking.
The quality don't feel like its there and erm...I can't describe it but it don't feel as good as a good quality aftermarket unit or a standard unit.
If you can up your budget I would look in to RNS-e units or a a JVC, Pioneer or a good aftermarket unit.

RNS-e is a common install, loads of out there that's been done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Scott

Thank you for your reply, its good to know.
I was thinking that the quality may be a loittle lacking not being an RNS-e unit or a decent aftermarket unit but thought Id check, I'll probably look into other options and see whats about. Cheers again.

I would go for a RNS-e unit.
That will do Satnav, MP3 and if you want to spend a bit more on extras you can get bluetooth, TV input, camera and other such goodies.