1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW HEADUNIT SUGGESTIONS.. Please

hambo1412 Aug 21, 2013

1. hambo1412

hambo1412 New Member

I have an AudiA3 Sportsback, Year 2006.

Currently it has an old Audi Symphony headunit installed, Ive been thinking of upgrading for a while, and now that I keep getting Error 2 messages coming up whenever I start the car and have to reinsert the cds its about time I got rid of this relic!

Anyway can anyone suggest a decent replacement?

Ive been looking at this Koolertron (link below) but can't seem to find any reviews what so ever!? Does anyone have one installed?

( Koolertron For 2003-2010 Audi A3 DVD Player With GPS Navigation Sat Nav + 7" Digital Touchscreen / PIP 2-ZONE Radio RDS Bluetooth / With Steering Wheel Control: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics)

Price range is up to around £350..

Thank you in advanced for any suggestions and/or help.

2. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon TDi Audi S8

I bought one of these sort of units for my dad 2 years ago.
    It was great, loads of extras, more options than a factory unit (RNS-e style) but they just feel lacking.
    The quality don't feel like its there and erm...I can't describe it but it don't feel as good as a good quality aftermarket unit or a standard unit.
    If you can up your budget I would look in to RNS-e units or a a JVC, Pioneer or a good aftermarket unit.

RNS-e is a common install, loads of out there that's been done.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  3. hambo1412

hambo1412 New Member

Hi Scott

Thank you for your reply, its good to know.
    I was thinking that the quality may be a loittle lacking not being an RNS-e unit or a decent aftermarket unit but thought Id check, I'll probably look into other options and see whats about. Cheers again.

4. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon TDi Audi S8

I would go for a RNS-e unit.
    That will do Satnav, MP3 and if you want to spend a bit more on extras you can get bluetooth, TV input, camera and other such goodies.