New Head Units?

hburnett

Reaction score
What's the difference between the Chorus III and Symphony III... I take it the Syphony still has the 6discs built in? Also because (it looks like!) the sizes of the units are identical (double din) can the RNS-E be fitted easily to both???

Cheers H

Chorus is a tape based system, concert is a single cd, Symphony is the 6cd dash changer.

AFAIK, all of the new double din h/u are an easy swap for RNS-E using the standard quad block.

Eeef said:
Chorus is a tape based system, concert is a single cd, Symphony is the 6cd dash changer.

AFAIK, all of the new double din h/u are an easy swap for RNS-E using the standard quad block.

Dope got my Chorus and Concert mixed up.... Cheers Eef!

think chorus has gone now since they have removed tape players from the range entirely - RIP the tape (at last!).

steve184 said:
think chorus has gone now since they have removed tape players from the range entirely - RIP the tape (at last!).

Yeah.. RIP the tape. But what gets me is that in the UK we're supposed to be going 'digital' in a few years time and only a handful of car manufacturers offer a DAB radio.... When will Audi start making them?

The US get their SatRadio options, but what about us in the UK!!! Would be nice to see something implemented in the next couple of years..

I would have thought that in the re-design of the headunits that Audi would have done a bit of future proofing and installed DAB as a matter of course.. Wouldn't have cost that much time/cost especially in all the R&D into the new units.....

H

It probs just another massive con to get people to pay a token "upgrade" cost when digital comes out....they will bother to retrofit then!!

The new symphony in the S3 doesn't have the 6 CD changer built in. I think it is called the symphony II+ and it replaces the concertII in all new A3/S3 cars.

I understood that both concert and chorus are now RIP?

Concert definately isn't its Concert 3 and in my new S3 which is the standard 1 disc front loading CD/radio.

dm_irish said:
The new symphony in the S3 doesn't have the 6 CD changer built in. I think it is called the symphony II+ and it replaces the concertII in all new A3/S3 cars.

According to the Audi brochure on the Audi website. The Symphony still has 6disc changer internally and the Concert is jsut a single slot CD unit.....

You got a new S3 DM_Irish.. Might want to check to see if they've installed a Concert instead ;)

Hi...

I had a concert III (3) head unit in my 2007 Model A3 Sportback , it is a single CD and double din in size....

I have already taken mine out replaced it with the RNS-E Unit it just swaps out so easy....... :o.k:

hburnett said:
According to the Audi brochure on the Audi website. The Symphony still has 6disc changer internally and the Concert is jsut a single slot CD unit.....

You got a new S3 DM_Irish.. Might want to check to see if they've installed a Concert instead ;)
I don't but a guy here in work has and his single cd double din unit says 'Symphony' on it. The 6 disc changer is in the glovebox.

It's this one:

jamS3 is this the one you have? This is the std radio at least in Ireland.

Of course I may have news for him if he can stick 6 mp3 CDs in here and 6 normal CDs in the golvebox one! :thumbsup:

The new Symphony (II+/III/whatever you want to call) definately has the built-in 6 disc changer, as thats what I've got. You load in 6 discs, and can select them using the three buttons down each side of the screen. The Concert III/II+ looks near enough identical, but is only single disc.

alanjonesbath said:
The new Symphony (II+/III/whatever you want to call) definately has the built-in 6 disc changer, as thats what I've got. You load in 6 discs, and can select them using the three buttons down each side of the screen. The Concert III/II+ looks near enough identical, but is only single disc.

like all you guys said, i am a fool!:redface::redface::redface:

I've checked the S3 here and it is actually a concert, it just looks exactly like the new symphony. It uses the 6 CD changer that is std on the S3 here..

dm_irish said:
like all you guys said, i am a fool!:redface::redface::redface:

I've checked the S3 here and it is actually a concert, it just looks exactly like the new symphony. It uses the 6 CD changer that is std on the S3 here..

I forgive you!!! hahaha

lmao