New H7 Mtec Bulbs

discostu49

Reaction score
Boring post but thought I'd add anyways got these of eBay
Uploadfromtaptalk1409601536223
Uploadfromtaptalk1409601549401
Uploadfromtaptalk1409601557207

They are 55w and are the crispest of white really impressed

Look good , mind the 100w heat doesn't mark/melt the headlight lens , might be worth keeping an eye on.

Got a link to them your link just goes to the main ebay page, thanks

I had them on for a couple of months before I sold my car. Was really happy with them.

I looked at these but I was sure 100w was/were illegal for road use, so I had a dig round... and If anyone's interested here's what I found:

I had a quick look through the Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989 (SI 1989 No 1796) and nothing is mentioned that limits the intensity of the headlights - only the colour and positioning.

If you look at part 9 of Schedule 5 it specifically says that intensity has "no requirement". Part 8 states that the wattage must be 30 watts minimum but doesn't specify a maximum.

If anyone knows the regulations that limit the intensity of the lights then please let us know as all I can see is that those blue "sports" bulbs as headlights will be illegal (as they will eminate a blue, rather than white or yellow light).

However, under Regulation 27 it is an offence for headlights to be "used so as to cause undue dazzle or discomfort to other persons using the road."

Properly focussed headlights on dipped beam shouldn't bother anyone if the load adjuster is set right. I think the dazzle thing is aimed at wrong use of main beam....

Reactions: peaky83
And HIDs in reflectors

Reactions: peaky83
Had the 55w mtec cosmos blue in my old car, they looked good but the light output was pretty poor especially raining at night!

I have trups' white halogens and went out in the dark for the first time the other night, they're pretty good.