new guy

PowellyEG

Reaction score
Hi guys just joined up for some info,

Having just bought an A3 1.8T but have got some boost issues,

Audi boost controller / bolt issues any one help?? Last night on the way home, didnt like going over 3k revs so ive turned down the boost using this bolt drove fine for 10 miles, now ive got a few additional issues around the exhaust/cat being noise in boost & it not boosting up as quick as before. any idea's?

Thanks

heres what ive adjusted

186989bd.jpg

Basically went out on a test drive a few nights ago car was running a dream, boosted fine no issues, came back to collect last night paid the guy, drove home on the way back thought it had gone into limp mode not wanting to go over 3k revs in 3rd, so costed it home and a mate suggested turning down the controller / bolt so we did and it drove fine for about 10 miles.

I then took her out for a drive and it got very noisy in boost like the exhaust was blowing / no back box and boost felt weak. Im going to check for boost leak but would adjusting the controller bolt cause any issues?? what have i done wrong here?

Thanks

Hi, welcome to ASN. Post over on the A3 section for any info and help. The guys are very helpful and knowledgeable. They will help you
spend your money. Enjoy the forum.

Thanks I have tried posting in the a3 section but waiting for a mod to approve post lol

They are generally qite quick at approving them. I think if you get to 15 posts on the forum you can post on other sections and pm other
users. Have a look in the general chat section of the forum, should be able to add to your post count in there.

Im not one to spam really just after some info, ill join in once ive got my baring with my Audi as ive just jumped from 6/7 years worth of Honda to Audi :)

Im not one to spam really just after some info, ill join in once ive got my baring with my Audi as ive just jumped from 6/7 years worth of Honda to Audi :)
There is a good section in the general section about music and movies. Its not spam, its really quite interesting about what ohers watch
and listen too. You could give your opinion in there and get some extra posts at the same time.

Thanks Sandra got some answers in the end and its worked :)

Routledge, thought that was you (off CRXUK) had a quick look at your build thread but then thought nah cant be 2 of you !! ahh he must own an Audi / Daily too, what about your CRX still got one??

Yeah had some trouble with my 4th Gen civic and decided its time I upgraded my daily, sorted out my boost problems now.

Thanks guys/gals, sory my stay was only short lived ive decided to sell, do you have like a post count to sell on here??