1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Grille

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jcs356, Aug 24, 2004.

1. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

[Aug 24, 2004]
    Had my dechromed front grille fitted at the weekend. It took a long time to get here but worth it.

I know that some of you guys have had the grey lower grille surround/side strips and lower rear panel painted as well. I'm thinking of black - then it'll be all black and blue paint at the front with no chrome in sight. Thoughts, anyone?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

[Aug 24, 2004]
    Looking good, but I like my chrome on a silver car personally, but I guess it does not stand out as much
  4. cybrey

cybrey Member

[Aug 24, 2004]
    Doesn't float my boat either.. sorry.
  5. imported_pmcmaster

imported_pmcmaster Guest

[Aug 24, 2004]
    i'm on your side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    i think it looks well, quite subtle. i'm guessin from a distance it looks like a standard debadged grille? but up close looks quite different

;p
  6. Add7

Add7 Member

[Aug 24, 2004]
    hello jcs356. another surrey lad! hello mate!

i like the black grille...but personally i would put a chrome audi logo onto it.

7. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

[Aug 24, 2004]
    I like the idea of the chrome rings as a compromise..........but at the end of the day it is the usual comment of "Its personal choice!"
  8. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 24, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    jcs356 said:
    Had my dechromed front grille fitted at the weekend. It took a long time to get here but worth it.

I know that some of you guys have had the grey lower grille surround/side strips and lower rear panel painted as well. I'm thinking of black - then it'll be all black and blue paint at the front with no chrome in sight. Thoughts, anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, i reckon its just the angle of the picture! take a front/side angle shot and think it would look SWEET! I reckon if you put the S3 badge back on it would finish it off nicely!

Good job matey!

Rich
  9. noslojo

noslojo Member

[Aug 24, 2004]
    Yup, would like to see an pic from further back of the front 3/4 angle too then we would get a better idea. Also feel that the large black expanse of the main grill needs broken up slightly and the best way would be an S3 badge or Audi rings just to give it that 'factory modified' look

Kev
  10. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Aug 24, 2004]
    As said by the others I think a different angle/brightness of the photo will show the true attitude of the grill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  11. noslojo

noslojo Member

[Aug 24, 2004]
    Can I just ask if the chrome surround and rings are easily replaced or removed ?

On some cars I've seen the rings can get tarnished and so can the chrome surround and this is the sort of thing that I'd want to get replaced you see.

TIA

Kev
  12. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

[Aug 24, 2004]
    Thanks for the comments! I have to admit the photo isn't the best but I was in a hurry to get one taken before I had to go out last night. If it ever stops raining I'll get some better shots at the weekend.