New Golf supercahrged and turboed 1.4!!

Reaction score
Here is info - HERE

This is going to be cool!!

Reminds me of this VIDEO

Cant wait to hear some more on this. Imagine all the tuning companies will maybe be able to get about 200bhp from a remap out of a 1.4!!!

Ahhhh that brings back memorys, great vid, and yes would be very good, ohh 200 horses from only 1400cc....mmmmmmmmmm........the dream

But imagine if they bring this technology to the new 2.00 TFSI engine..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yeah cant wait to see and drive it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fantastic, low fuel consumption great rev range, very quick, they've cracked it!

Thats pretty awesome...have to agree with TDI on the 2.00 TFSI engine if they do that its a no brainer when choosing a hot hatch! Nice!

[ QUOTE ]
200 horses from only 1400cc....mmmmmmmmmm........the dream

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of Renault 5 GT Turbos out there with that sort of power...

Awesome video /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Not seen it before.

T

Didn't they do something similar with the old G40 Polos and G60 Golf, something about a hybrid super/turbo charger, I think they called it a G-lader, all I remember is that the G-lader bit had to be rebuild every 40K or somthing ?

g40's were awesome idea, glad they thinking on those lines again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Absolute pocket rocket for their time, My dad had one, which I broke .... I blew the g-lader through the side of the engine, not a nice sound at all. My dad was devistated, they only made 500 mk3s for the UK.

G-lader system is only a supercharger as on G40 polos and G60 golfs.

That Lancia S4 is just awesome though. Makes me wonder how Its taken over 20 years for anyone else to combine a supercharger with turbocharging to eliminate lag.

Like the Lancia S4, a similar system on a 2 ltr should produce 300bhp +

Maybe thats inline for the new S3 ???

Brilliant idea, can't wait to see what the insurance companies do!
1.4 also means lower car tax!

I wouldn't mind one of these, have to see if they come on the car scheme at work & look into getting the missus one.

Didn't they do something similar with the old G40 Polos and G60 Golf, something about a hybrid super/turbo charger, I think they called it a G-lader, all I remember is that the G-lader bit had to be rebuild every 40K or somthing ?

G40/60 never had a turbo fitted.

The 'G' refers to the fact it has a G-lader fitted. G-lader being the 'charger. The number afterwards denoted the size of the supercharger.

Yes, yes I am a bit of a polo geek...:blink: