New Glacier White S1 Help on products!

J

jon.dixon

Hi guys, im looking for some advice, ive been into keep my cars clean for years, but I am about to take delivery of my new GLACIER WHIE S1 in the next week.

Since its brand new I want to keep it looking top by detailing properly, I have read the post from polished bliss on white coloured cars, so I have built my shopping list around this, however I have some questions:

What should I put on the tyres (I have used tyre dressing before but they "flow" on the rims making them look a mess)

What should I use on the plastic trim, in the past I have used plastic trim dressing, which was similar to a silicone spray, but IMO this made the trim look patchy, and as it wore off it looked even worse than before.
So for the plastic trim (with it being a new car) should I just use a cleaner? and if so which one?

So my shopping list so far is:
Werkstat Acrylic Kit
PB Luxury Drying Towel
Meguiar's Lambswool Wash Mitt
*Werkstat Prot (formerly Satin Prot)
**Meguires Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel
**Bilt Hamber Korrosol fall out remover
Extra (for spares):
Meguiar's Microfibre Applicator Pad
Poorboy's Deluxe Mega Towel
PB Luxury Buffing Towel
Werkstat Glos (formerly Acrylic Glos) (Extra since I think I will go through this twice as quick as the other stuff)

*update

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, im looking for some advice, ive been into keep my cars clean for years, but I am about to take delivery of my new GLACIER WHIE S1 in the next week.

Since its brand new I want to keep it looking top by detailing properly, I have read the post from polished bliss on white coloured cars, so I have built my shopping list around this, however I have some questions:

What should I put on the tyres (I have used tyre dressing before but they "flow" on the rims making them look a mess)

What should I use on the plastic trim, in the past I have used plastic trim dressing, which was similar to a silicone spray, but IMO this made the trim look patchy, and as it wore off it looked even worse than before.
So for the plastic trim (with it being a new car) should I just use a cleaner? and if so which one?

Werkstat Acrylic Kit
PB Luxury Drying Towel
Extra (for spares):
PB Luxury Buffing Towel
Werkstat Glos (formerly Acrylic Glos) (Extra since I think I will go through this twice as quick as the other stuff)

Hi mate.
Your not going to be disappointed with the werkstat acrylic kit, it's awesome.
Even tho your car is going to be brand new is still mild clay the car to pick up any contaminates it might have picked up before u start with the werkstat prime.
I'd also invest in fallout remover( metal filings) for the wheels and lower half if the car.
And autosmart Tardis or the equivalent as tar white cars seem to attract it like a magnet.
You can use werkstat prime for the wheels as well before sealing them with wax or sealant.
3 coats of werkstat jett after that will have it looking like glass.
The glos is great for after washing and you don't use too much.
I use a microfibre applicator pad to spread and a microfibre to buff off.
With regards the plastic trim inside and out I use werkstat prot. Keeps the plastic looking OEM and doesn't leave a sheen.
Either that or poorboys natural dressing is good as well.
As for tyre dressing there are loads on the market. Meguiars is long lasting and normally 3 for 2 in halfords.
You can email or phone polished bliss and they can advise you further or give you the best products for your car :)

Hope this helps

Robbie

I use the bilt hamber cutting polish (cant remember the name) and I am very impressed with that.

Ill add those to my list!

Werksat acrylic kit without doubt for your S1

Been using it for about 3 years on our current Audi & also used it a pearlescent Abarth 500 we used to own

Great product & soooooo easy to use to get a brilliant finish

Our current Audi
Presenting ... Our Ibis White B8 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI quattro S-Line Saloon - Detailing World

Our old Abarth 500
Presenting Our Funk White Abarth 500! - Detailing World

Fall out remover? Without doubt the best IMO is CarPro IronX. I would recommend that you de-tar first with something like Auto Finesse Oblitarate first. Always de-tar before de-iron is my advice

Reactions: RobbieWebs
I personally use Angelwax Revalation for fallout remover but there are loads to try.
Heard great things about car pro iron x also.
To be honest they all do a good job

Last edited:
I would give the Angelwax products a go.

White is a super hard colour to get definition in terms of depth and shine. Brotek has out me on to the excellent TI-22 sealant and Drift wax.The Detailing Barn - www.brotek.co.uk. If the drift wax is too expensive for you then would suggest going down the Collinite 476s wax which is very durable.

To cleanse the paint before doing this I would suggest using Car pro TRIX tar and fallout remover. Excellent stuff - two products in one. CarPro - TRIX Iron and Tar Remover - Clean Your Car

Reactions: Brodster
Both these finishes I have achieved using the Werkstat acrylic kit. I use Prime strong as opposed to Prime

On our current solid ibis white A4

7a287a21284e9fd72895f23d7fcfac2d_zps1c30cd5e.jpg

On our old pearlescent funk white Abarth 500

RNSWing.jpg

So easy to use and the more coats you give it the better the finish IMO

To cleanse the paint before doing this I would suggest using Car pro TRIX tar and fallout remover. Excellent stuff - two products in one. CarPro - TRIX Iron and Tar Remover - Clean Your Car

In my experience TRIX is not as good as using 2 separate products. The iron & tar elements in it just dont have the 'bite' required when mixed together

As always, just my opinion of course ... :whistle2:

If you detail your car religiously every week - then a good dose of TRIX once a month will be fine and gets rid of 95 % of stuff off. I also don't use my S3 to commute which makes a difference so maybe two products might be better in higher use situations as Bristle Hound suggests.

If you detail your car religiously every week - then a good dose of TRIX once a month will be fine and gets rid of 95 % of stuff off. I also don't use my S3 to commute which makes a difference so maybe two products might be better in higher use situations as Bristle Hound suggests.

Good point :)

Thanks for the info guys......
Interesting points about the iron / tar remover.
Think ill go with the seperate stuff and see how it goes.
Bristle Hound, your 500 in that pearl colour looks imense! kudos!

Werkstat Acrylic Kit
PB Luxury Drying Towel
Werkstat Prot (formerly Satin Prot)
Meguires Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel
CarPro Iron-X
Extra (for spares):
PB Luxury Buffing Towel

Bristle Hound, I would be intrested to know what you use on your extrior black plastics?

Werkstat Acrylic Kit
PB Luxury Drying Towel
CarPro Iron-X
Extra (for spares):
PB Luxury Buffing Towel

Bristle Hound, I would be intrested to know what you use on your extrior black plastics?

Great selection there Jon

I use the werkstat acrylic jett on all my exterior black plastics, including the exterior window rubbers. You could use the Prot but you wont get the durability from that IMO. Just remember DO NOT use the Prime on the exterior black plastics and exterior window rubbers

When you use the Jett on the car, just use it on the exterior plastics, window rubbers at the same time

You will find using the Jett, the more coats the better the finish

Must admit the werkstat acrylic kit is my all time fave bit of detailing gear. You wont be disappointed

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and RobbieWebs
I didn't realise you could use jett on the rubbers and plastics myself.
Cheers for the tip BH

I used the prot last time for the plastics and rubbers with good results.
A lot easier using the jett when I'm doing the rest of the car

Werkstat Acrylic Kit
PB Luxury Drying Towel
CarPro Iron-X
Extra (for spares):
PB Luxury Buffing Towel

No snow foam and foam cannon/ lance? Would never not use it. Snow foam wash, normal wash then dry. Best way of keeping paint totally swirl free.

I use carplan demon foam at the moment, it seems to stick well and foams up nicely.

No snow foam and foam cannon/ lance? Would never not use it. Snow foam wash, normal wash then dry. Best way of keeping paint totally swirl free.

I've been using ValetPro Citrus Pre Wash for nearly two years now & simply put it, I think its better than snow foaming, cheaper too!

Dilute 100ml @ 8:1, with very warm but not hot water then using a pump sprayer, cover the whole car, let dwell for 5-10 mins then PW off. Easy!

Its like snow foaming but less mess and cheaper too. The last time I used my SF lance was to do the conservatory :)

Beauty of this stuff is you can dilute to different ratios to do different things. Has a lovely smell of oranges too!

The dilution rates are as follows:

Exterior cleaner. Dilute 1:10 (i've found 8:1 works better)
Interior plastics or spot fabric cleaning. Dilute up to 1:20
Carpet and upholstery cleaning. Dilute 1:80.

Valet Pro Citrus Pre-Wash - Detailing World

OK fair point Bristle Hound. I used to use that stuff a fair amount but found snow foam cannon so easy that I have integrated it well in to my regime.

I've been personally having much more luck with Bilt Hamber snow foam with my foam cannon (it has various dilution settings so less faffing) - it goes a long way and does not produce too much foam but just enough to get a good covering.

OK fair point Bristle Hound. I used to use that stuff a fair amount but found snow foam cannon so easy that I have integrated it well in to my regime.

I've been personally having much more luck with Bilt Hamber snow foam with my foam cannon (it has various dilution settings so less faffing) - it goes a long way and does not produce too much foam but just enough to get a good covering.

+1 with the Bilt Hamber Snow Foam:beerchug:

Reactions: Pulp84
Just had my delivery from Polished Bliss (great service BTW).

How often should I use the iron-x. I presume I do this on a 6 monthly basis, or, do I use that every wash?

Yep Polished Bliss are fantastic
Personal preference mate,I use fallout once every 3 months.
Make sure and reapply wheel wax or coating whatever your using after it as it will strip it

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Just had my delivery from Polished Bliss (great service BTW).

How often should I use the iron-x. I presume I do this on a 6 monthly basis, or, do I use that every wash?

I would say every six months is about right. A lot depends on your mileage of course

The problem is each time you use the like of iron x it will strip absolutely EVERYTHING that you have applied to your car. So it will mean a full detail everything time you use it

But, as Robbie says do it as it suits your need :)