1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New genuine turbo? Where to buy?

QuestMS Oct 11, 2013

1. QuestMS

QuestMS Member

Hi all

as above where is the best place to buy a genuine K04 for my s3 225? There are so many companies out there .....

advice please?

2. IrishDave

IrishDave Active Member

Diesel Levante in Italy. Cheapest I found anywhere in europe.

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Dealer is the obvious choice

<tuffty/>

4. QuestMS

QuestMS Member

I will look them up but ideally I would like a UK based company just incase there are any issues etc.

5. QuestMS

QuestMS Member

dealers came back as being pretty pricey, but I suppose you get what you pay for. Learnt that the hard way recently

6. IrishDave

IrishDave Active Member

Very reputable company, genuine parts etc and delivery in 2 days. One thing for sure though is I would not go to a dealer unless you like picking up soap.

s3dave likes this.
  7. QuestMS

QuestMS Member

Has anybody used CR turbos? They came back at £315 + vat and carriage. BW internals and a BW reman(possibly spelt that wrong) turbine housing?

8. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

CR have got a bit of a bad reputation on here with their hybrids for quality and consistency... if they are using genuine parts then it stands a chance as one of the biggest issues with the chinese hotsides favoured by some is they are quite frankly ****... boost creep issues and dodgy wastegates to name a couple of problems with them

Have you tried beach buggy turbos?

<tuffty/>

9. QuestMS

QuestMS Member

i know about these issues as I have them at the moment .... Kicking myself so badly right now!!! No I haven't tried them, are they a good company? Thanks for the reply by the way buddy

10. QuestMS

QuestMS Member

Update - I got a brand new unit from BW via TurboTechnics (the guy I was dealing with is called Brian, nice bloke), very reasonably priced at 660 inc. vat & free delivery. Could have really done without this being close to crimbo etc but needs must *sigh*

11. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3

£660 inc vat is a very good price! Is it 100% genuine?

12. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Didn't try TPS?

13. QuestMS

QuestMS Member

They worked out dearer than TT, and I have a trade account with them ....

14. QuestMS

QuestMS Member

Brand spanking new direct from BW, not built by TT. Was well chuffed :)

15. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

Mine was around this price too. Mine was ordered from Turbo Dynamics.