1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Front Bumper Cost To Fit And Paint

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by MingeBlue, Mar 4, 2009.

1. MingeBlue

MingeBlue Member

[Mar 4, 2009]
    Hit a frigging tyre on the M25 this evening didnt see it in the road in the rain, ripped off my front bumper ggrrr :mad:

Anyone got any idea of approx cost of fitting new front bumper and painting it ? Just checked my insurance and I have a £500 excess so it might not be worth claiming.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. tyrrelll

tyrrelll Lukey.T

[Mar 4, 2009]
    my local shop quoted me £169...
  4. gareth_oau

gareth_oau Member

[Mar 4, 2009]
    time for a slightly more aggressive (after-market) look perhaps?
  5. MingeBlue

MingeBlue Member

[Mar 4, 2009]
    Car is driveable in current state just looked in the day light and its ripped the bottom half off totally where the fog lights used to be, some capables etc hanging and the bumper has big cracks in it. Just noticed my MOT is upto today, would it fail if it has fog lights that now dont work or because of broken bumper, assume it would but worth asking.
  6. themanthatcan

themanthatcan Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 4, 2009]
    Yeah that would be an MOT failure. If it came with foglights then they must be working and attached safely. Same with the bumper..if there are any dangerous-looking sharp bits then it'll fail on that.
  7. MingeBlue

MingeBlue Member

[Mar 7, 2009]
    Just got back from body shop and they found alot of damage under the car, fan and radiator damaged, the front panel broke, undertray gone, bent something, new bumper, total quote was £1480 and labour was cheap, a front fog light was £72 each, going to be an insurance job.

Damn wheel in the road :banghead: I just didn't see it in the rain / dark it was hammering it down. Car is only worth £4k-£5k.