1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW from Feb 16th - MOT checks for Diesel Cat and DPF where fitted from factory rules

Mike.M Feb 3, 2014

1. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  2. cnut

cnut Member

I'm glad I decided to keep the CAT on mine now!

3. s3_trev

s3_trev Northern Ireland Gold Supporter Audi S3 Team Brill Red

As long as it looks like its still there you should be grand.

T3nnant likes this.
  4. haytch75

haytch75 Member

I still have mine in. As I understand it testers aren't allowed to start fiddling with your car nowadays anyway. It's mostly visual inspections I think (waits to be corrected).

5. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

ill have fit an under tray me thinks.

6. T3nnant

T3nnant Active Member

I had a dpf delete done, and he welded it back up and refitted it. Cant tell its been done.
    And no, MOT testers cant fiddle with anything. so as far as I know just a visual

7. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi

How will the MOT testers know if a car had a CAT / DPF fitted as standard ? . some cars models had them fitted in the middle of a production year so sometimes there is liable to be a grey area.
    Unless they have compiled some kind of database on vechicles with chassis numbers etc its going to be a bit iffy for some people.

Karl.

8. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro! VCDS Map User

Looks like I need to knock out my cat innards then instead of fully removing! :-(