New Flixi Hoses and Pipes fitted

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
Finnaly got round to changing the front flexi hoses the other day, My forsight was right about getting the new brake pipes that attach to the calippers too, they was well attached after 11 years of service, i would recomend anyone else who is going to do this job to get the new pipes for the cost of saving you time saving the old ones for the sake of 5 pounds, and dont forget new wing spring clips,

ca320d6a.jpg

83e1eea1.jpg

I've done mine a month or so ago for the mot, it's an easy enough job. My car failed it's MOT on brakes ( apparently 38% difference) so surelly it would pull me to one side when braking? Well it didint and I've changed the brake lines, brake pads, discs and checked the callipers and everything ok... on the second time it passed but 18% difference (which sort of is weird for me because I know my brakes worked fine) however before the second MOT i've asked them when was the last time the machine was calibrated... and I didnt get the answer but hey... the car passed so I've left it.

I've done mine a month or so ago for the mot, it's an easy enough job. My car failed it's MOT on brakes ( apparently 38% difference) so surelly it would pull me to one side when braking? Well it didint and I've changed the brake lines, brake pads, discs and checked the callipers and everything ok... on the second time it passed but 18% difference (which sort of is weird for me because I know my brakes worked fine) however before the second MOT i've asked them when was the last time the machine was calibrated... and I didnt get the answer but hey... the car passed so I've left it.

yep its not a hard job, but if you get a brass nipple/bold that wont undo then the job becomes very interesting, even for the more experianced home mechanics, all i will say is one side went like a dream and the other was a real barstool and mr hack saw had to be called for!

yep its not a hard job, but if you get a brass nipple/bold that wont undo then the job becomes very interesting, even for the more experianced home mechanics, all i will say is one side went like a dream and the other was a real barstool and mr hack saw had to be called for!

I must have been very lucky, both sides without any problem.

I went to one MOT station who failed me on the handbrake, I took it all apart and found nothing so I paid another MOT station to test the brakes and he found nothing wrong. When I went back to the original MOT station they were telling the person in front of me the same crap. I had a go at them they retested it and would you believe it my car passed.

I went to one MOT station who failed me on the handbrake, I took it all apart and found nothing so I paid another MOT station to test the brakes and he found nothing wrong. When I went back to the original MOT station they were telling the person in front of me the same crap. I had a go at them they retested it and would you believe it my car passed.

ah, the creation of work is always out there mate, the normal johnny on the street is not car wise unlike the most of us, my flexi hoses was cracking in the underside of the constant bend, so hence i had no real questions of changing them for the next MOT as it was advised last year,