NEW FASTENING CLIP FOR CENTRE ARMREST?????????

codrock

Reaction score
I HAVE A 55 PLATE A3 SPORTBACK........THE FASTENING CLIP IS BROKEN ON THE CENTRE ARMREST,SO THAT MEANS I CAN'T HAVE IT UP AS IT FALLS OPEN ALL THE TIME.CAN NEW FASTENING CLIPS BE BOUGHT FOR THESE,IF SO WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE AND WHAT ARE THEY LIKE FOR FITTING??

CHEERS IN ADVANCE FOR REPLYS AND HELP

First thing is take your caps lock off - it seems like you're shouting !!

Second, and to answer your question, the fastening clip is not available separately. Either you will have to buy a new armrest lid or you could use velcro or similar to fasten it down.

The A3 isn't listed, in fact no Audi's are listed. The pictures don't look like the original fitment but for the sake of £4.50 you could always try them !

wont work
tried it

i have an leather top arm rest which has working clip ,
the tilt mechanism is broke tho.

mine is the leather one,tilt works fine its just the clip im after to get it sorted

You need to change the armrest lid. i got a bargain on ebay a brand new black leather one from Eastbourne Audi for £30 delivered

The seller is 2009caffynsaudi email them :) they might have them :)

Emailed.

Checked his recently items and it doesn't look like he's sold any recently so i'm not holding out much hope.

Thanks for your help though.

Emailed.

Checked his recently items and it doesn't look like he's sold any recently so i'm not holding out much hope.

Thanks for your help though.

i havent left feedback yet thats why.

It's a disgracefully shoddy piece of design - I had two of these clips break, thankfully both under warranty so they replaced the lid each time for free. If it had happened again whilst out of warranty I'd have taken it to Audi UK claiming a design flaw tbh.

I contacted audi to get a price on a new lid......fecking £77!!!!!!!!!.........im sorry but that is having your pants down at that money,does anyone know if i got a lid and wanted to recover it ,if this is a hard job to do?

This is something I fixed on my car last year using the thread that jdsour linked to. Here's a picture of the finished article:

Attachments

• WP_20150912_17_53_41_Raw.jpg
    WP_20150912_17_53_41_Raw.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 851
Hi can anyone help me I have a new latch and spring clip for my audi A3 armrest original parts but not sure how the spring clip fits does anyone know please will be much appreciated