1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New exhaust help

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by rodenal, Dec 2, 2006.

1. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

I'm going to get a new exhaust for my car and wondered if any1 could steer me down the right path.

I'm only changing it as ive now got an s3 rear bumper and want the exhaust to sit at the opening. I considered just sticking some tips in the gap and securing them there, but i figured on a cold morning i'd look pretty silly, and they'd also probably rattle away.

Anyways, im thinking about going and getting a custom exhaust made. Any1 done this and what sort of things do i need to watch out for.

I dont want it to be loud, and im not thinking that im going to get any extra power at all on my weedy little 1.6.

:ninja:
  2. Buster

Buster Member

Your best bet might be to get a custom, made to measure exhaust. That way you will get it to sit in the gap perfectly.
  3. Pete69zx

Pete69zx Guest

I'm pretty suer if u get a custom jobbie made (like i have on my car) they wont be able to accentuate the angle enough to clear the rear valance.

Mine had already been semi butchered by a previous owner for the old Miltek that used to be fitted.

OLD EXHAUST (MILTEK)
    [​IMG]

CUSTOM EXHAUST
    [​IMG]
  4. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

Not really sure what you mean, there is a blanking plate in the way of the exit, but i just cut it out, 5 min job - there isnt really anything else there that means it would need a particularly sharp angle on it from what i can see anyway

Unless im tottally missing something, which isnt unlikely lol
  5. TRS1

TRS1 Topper Harley

Something like a Jetex backbox should fit straight in there, they say you need to cut out the bottom of the bumper trim on a standard bumper so it should slot straight in on your S3 bumper and be similar price to something like a custom powerflex.
  6. Pete69zx

Pete69zx Guest

Ok i see. On my car with the original bumpers there is no blanking plate, so it is that that had me cunfussed.

Good luck.:hi: