1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New engine ...doh!

niftyandy Mar 8, 2012

1. niftyandy

niftyandy Member

Hi
    Just after some advice...unfortunately I need a replacement engine as mine's had a seizure...It's a 2004 petrol 3.0 quattro sport cab 6-speed manual with engine code ASN....just wondering if i have to stick with the ASN engine or can I go with 'another' 3.0 petrol engine, ie a non-ASN engine, as there are petrol 3.0 variants about?

I'm going through the lovely, enlightening, process of sourcing a recon engine and I've had some eye watering quotes already. I know I have to spend big to sort it out, before I can sell it, and know that its worth about £5k -£5.5k in good working order but with 103k miles on the clock i was wondering what it would be worth as is, needing an engine rebuild or recon engine replacement?....anybody any ideas for a ball-park figure? i'm thinking about £2k - £2.5k....
    Thanks for any advice (ive already thought of a viking burial at sea for it but couldnt bring myself to light it!!!)

Cheers
    Andy :-(

2. vr6gordy

vr6gordy Well-Known Member

why not look out for a crashed 3.0 audi and swop it all over to your car

3. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

as is id say around 3k
    and its only worth 5000/5500 id sell as is

4. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

there was a 1.8t on ebay other week 05 plate classified add with a conrod out side the sump for 2k other week which i thought was fairly priced