New EGR needed, but which one?

ValiantSaint

Reaction score
Hello everyone (Merry Xmas!) I need a new EGR valve (leaking oil out the top, and gummed to death) Now, I've looked around, and seen some for a really good price on ebay (below fifty quid!) but which one do I go for? Has anyone bought one, and are they any good? What model number would I need for an AVF-powered Avant Quattro?

Many thanks :)

Best would be to get a Allard egr delete pipe, wont clog anymore and easy to fit as well.

If the car is 2003 or after it will throw a CEL for low EGR if you delete it. I know it looks a little messy but they all leak eventually as it's a poor design. Cheapest thing to do is take it off and clean it out. Put it back on the car and disconnect the vacuum pipe from the top of the valve and plug the rubber pipe with a golf tee or similar. This will stop the EGR from operating and will also very much reduce the amount of oil leakage as the shaft is no longer moving on the EGR valve the seal will tend to block up. You will still get a CEL if the car is 2003 or later but to restore EGR operation just reconnect the vacuum pipe to the valve.