new ecu software

jordychris

Reaction score
dropped car off at dealers for some minor warranty work they informed me that the car needed to have new software loaded into the ecu anyone know why.car is 2.0 tfsi q 56 plate

mine was only in 2 weeks ago and they never needed to do that

did they mention what the new software did?

better de-bluefin before i take mine to the dealers

asked what this entailed they guy said something to do with new parameters whatever that means i will ask more when i pick it up

From what I can gather it's a flash to cure some cold start/mis-fire issues. It's actually classed as a recall I believe and I think jordychris is lucky they mentioned it at all. staz, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it anyway.

Robin (and anyone else with Bluefin),

I spoke to Jamie a couple of weeks ago about this. Turn your car back to stock prior to the service. If your ECU is flashed then the Bluefin handset will pick up on this and make you send the new code back to Superchips. Give them a bell and let them know what you're doing and they'll have your performance code ready to send back.

This is only relevant to the 2.0T FSI engines.

It's been mentioned more than once on a couple of the American Audi forums.

:edit:

Just noticed you're Bluefin too staz. Obviously they didn't do yours. Maybe your ECU isn't effected. What month/year is yours?

When I picked my car up last week from the first service, I took a look at the dealers work sheets on my car while the service guy was away from his desk and it was on there that mine had been reflashed/upgraded. It was never mentioned to me though, I ment to ask on here if people new what it was for.

It's just one of those many things you never get to here about. There are thousands of 'soft' recalls every year for all sorts of vehicles but if it's not life threatening why make a song and dance about it? All manufacturers do it.

rich1068 said:
Just noticed you're Bluefin too staz. Obviously they didn't do yours. Maybe your ECU isn't effected. What month/year is yours?

Dunno about build week and all that cos it's different when you buy tax free. I picked up 13th Oct last year.

I know they drove my car with bluefin and I hope they had fun :D

Booked my car in for it's first variable service (14k) and I can confirm that mine is also due the ECU reflash. I didn't have to mention it, the service rep told me there was a recall. However, he couldn't shed any light on what the reflash was for.

say you have a remapped TDI and it gets taken in for a service - should you always tell them that the car has been mapped?

i wouldnt necessarily take it to audi now as it is a fair hoof to travel

I never mentioned it. I'll be putting mine back to standard before the service so they're just overwriting a vanilla map anyway.

Just to confirm.

I had the service and recall flash carried out yesterday. I put the car back to standard the night before and when I collected it Thursday PM hooked up the Bluefin. It read the new code and prompted me to send it to Superchips. I gave the 'Files' department a call to let them know and sent the new Audi map off via my PC. Superchips then applied their formula to the new map and sent me my new performance map.

It's loading as I type. Again, excellent service from Superchips answering all my dumb *** questions :)

Not really, nothing major I don't think. Over on TS in the A4 section there was some speculation that it was to cure some random read fault.

To quote 'The recall is to cure a random fault with the throttle position sender reading an implausible signal for no reason and throwing an ECU fault code.'

I've also heard it was something about cold start issues over on the US forums so meh, no idea.