1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New DRL / headlights

KKM May 26, 2008

1. KKM

KKM Member

I pick up my new S3 in 2 weeks time, but unfortunately it wont have the LED running lights.

Anybody know if the new headlights will fit the none face-lift car...... if so major re-wiring hassle to fit them.........

cheers

Kev :confused:

2. L60N

L60N Guest

I wouldnt be too bothered if I were you.. The new lights look fugly imo :rolleyes:

3. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member

Have to wait until the part numbers show up in ETKA, or somebody gets a facelift and whips out their lights to try them in a non-facelift model.

4. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member VCDS Map User

I read in Auto express that the shape/profile of the front wings have been altered. This could cause a problem with swopping headlights?

Not sure of the reliability of Auto express though!

5. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

The part numbers for the new Xenon/LED headlights for the A3 convertable are now listed in ETKA. I assume they will be the same for the 'new generation' A3.

For RH traffic - Left: 8P0 941 029 AM and Right: 8P0 941 030 AM

6. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

Im going to Audi tomorrow to have a look at them on an A3 cab and if I like them im going to get a set..

Ill let you know what the plan is tomorrow..

Jonny

7. mcc49

mcc49 Stalled

I actually starting to prefer the new headlights style after the autoexpress S3 pic. It looks stylish and more aggressive than the old headlights, that is with the lights OFF though, I ll reserve my judgement on how they look when on when I see it in the flesh.

Heres a comparison-

[​IMG]

The new lights just has better lines within the headlights and it looks darker also which is always cool!

8. KKM

KKM Member

Cheers. Be interesting to see how much they come in at...............

:s3addict:

9. mister.c.

mister.c. Active Member TeamMisano Audi A3

But he isn't you, hence he posed the question...

10. bacardi

bacardi Active Member

but they are fugly, hence his post

11. Kontraband

Kontraband Active Member

HAHAHAHA