New Display

they will fit but your car wont start.... clocks are coded to your ecu and ignition key... you can get them reprogrammed but it aint cheap

any idea how much? id also have to get the mileage set to what my car is wont i!

They can be coded and miles fixed by someone with vag-tacho or vag k+can commander.

But its quite a lot of hassle.

send your cluster here: http://www.clusterrepairsuk.co.uk/repair-list/audi/a3/

seems to be quite cheap... i think they also advertised on ebay and someone on this forum vouched for them.

Ive been toying with the idea of getting mine sorted but they aint bad enough at the mo.

cheers pal, the only problem is i cant afford tobe without my car due to work etc so these arent really an option and the companys ive tried wont travel to yorkshire (most are based in london). anyone know of a company in the yorkshire area capable of doing this?

Yeah thats the only downside to this fix. Unless you worked it around a holiday or something by sending it off when you dont need the car?

Im based in leeds currently so would be interested as to how you get on.

http://volksworks.net/about.htm - This guy in leeds should be able to code the clocks for you, ive used them to read my immobiliser code before and he knows his stuff.

The problem may be that a second hand unit from ebay will most likely have the same problem or will have in the near future.

Inerested to see how you get on though

ok so phoned audi up and they said if i get the clocks theyll fit them for an hours labour (£80), so bargain only down side is they wont change the mileage on the new unit because its second hand so just trying to find someone who can do that now but audi told me its impossible, didnt explain why so ill see what i can find and let you know

"vag tacho" or "vag k + can commander" (ebay very cheap) will be able to change the milage.

tbh i think thats a ripoff to fit clocks but i suppose you are getting them to code your keys etc so spose thats ok

I have a vag tacho copy but have never used it for this.

member "S3mad" also has a vag-tacho i beleve his is official version.

but as i said a second hand unit will get this problem anyway at some point if it hasnt got the problem already

btw audi wont have the tools to change the mileage

would i have to change the mileage before or after i change the clocks? btw cheers for the help mate

IIRC you change the mileage after its fitted. I have a cluster in my cupboard that has no miles on it so can be set to any mileage. I bought it for my old A3 as I didn't have the DIS but as my car was the pre-facelift and the cluster wasn't I couldn't encode the immobiliser.

Yep as Khufu said do it after you have fitted them. And tbh you only need to make sure you get it done before the next MOT i think to keep all the history in line. Just make sure you keep track of you mileage .

But a 0 (or very very low) milage cluster will be able to be coded by any normal vag-com (vcds) as far as i know. But once its set you cant change it again except with the tools i mentioned above.

I have a contact that can re-code the replacement set of clocks in and correct the milage for you. He has done a set for me and everything works perfectly.

Another bonus is that he isn't too far from Yorkshire - drop me a OM if you want his contact details. I believe he will also travel if you cover his costs etc or you can take your car to his premisis.

Tim

I'm sure the mileage can be correct only if its less than 100 using convential methods. Im sure however as stated above, there are other leads that can correct the mileage no matter what its at.