New Dension gateway 100 & 300 CAN

s8craig

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.tclsatnav.com
These units display track names, artists, albums and playlists in the drivers information system and are compatible with concert/symphony II/II+, BNS 5 and RNS-E. They also work with the MFSW to scroll through playlists etc.

Obviously no good for low line cars with no radio display in the dash clocks.

I have one of these for sale due to a change of car. Cost me £140 plus £20 for the brodit adjustable dash mount.

Will accept £80 delivered.

Works perfectly and sounds great. Full control from either steering wheel / stereo or by the ipod. When you control it from MFSW or stereo you can also get track info on DIS.

All as new and boxed. Takes 20 mins to fit.

A few questions about these kits:

1. Can you see track info on the RNS-E - or just on the DIS ?
2. Is sound quality as good as with the SD cards ?
3. Do you get gapless playback of files (unlike on the RNS-E SD cards) ?
4. How fiddly is it to control the iPod from the FBSW and the DIS ?
5. Any Vagcom coding required to fit it ?
6. Is it a problem that the factory fit iPod dock in the glove box ?

Thanks

I have one of these for sale due to a change of car. Cost me £140 plus £20 for the brodit adjustable dash mount.

Will accept £80 delivered.

Works perfectly and sounds great. Full control from either steering wheel / stereo or by the ipod. When you control it from MFSW or stereo you can also get track info on DIS.

All as new and boxed. Takes 20 mins to fit.

Is that the 100 or the 300?

Does the £80 also include the Brodit mount?

Cheers

:)

How do you get tracklistings , artist names etc up? I can't get mine up

Depending on the car it should show track information in IPOD-GW mode.

Press CD 6, track 3 and then hold FF for 5 secs. This should put the interface into GW mode and show information in the DIS, as long as your Ipod interace is the CAN version.

Cool, thanks, how do I know if it's the CAN version interface or not?

When I do it on mine it just reverts back to cd 5 track 1?

Can someone please tell if the track names and artist will show up on the RNS-E screen or is it only on the DIS (CAN provided)?

Thanks in advance.

DIS only. The information is comming via CD TEXT interface and the RNS-E doesn't support CD TEXT via the CD changer control unit