New cruise and PDC fitted!

AndymacA4

Reaction score
I bite the proverbial bullet and got Hazzy Dayz to fit my 2001 A4 with Parking Distance Control and cruise control yesterday. They look very nice and work lovely. Well done Hazzy Dayz.

I managed to get 36.5mpg on a strip from cold this morning, about a 15 miles drive there and the same back. Cruise controlled at about 60mph all the way on single carriageway A-roads(except slow bits behind lorries) Usually on the same journey it shows about 30mpg. Cruise makes fuel economy better. Hooray!

Andy

have you got an pics of the rear sensor's fitted?

Not yet, but I can do. To be honest they look exactly like they should if the option came from the factory. 4 little colour coded circle sensors. The bumper even has little cross hairs inside to show where you put your drill do cut the holes out!

Great stuff Andy how much did the full package cost (cruise& pdc ) in total .Did you have them come to you ??? Please post a few pic's of the pdc .Was there any damage to the paint work on your bumper,s

Just found the e-mail I got for the broken down quote for the work:

We can certainly fit cruise control and Parking Sensors to your vehicle.

The Cruise Control will cost £240

The Genuine Audi Parking Sensors will cost £315

Call out fee for your area will be £35.

Total cost will be £590. This price includes VAT.

All parts used will be Genuine Audi and our work will be guaranteed for 2 years.

Please call us on 0208 682 3463 to arrange a booking.

And that was that!

I got my cruise control fitted by a Main dealer - cost was the same.........

Was just adding my experiences to the forum from one company. As the BBC say, other providers are available!

my only experience with cruise control was a twin turbo supra auto I had, we were at 70, clicked cruise on, lovely.

Slowed down to check it disconnects, yup it did that.....got down to 25 to make a turn, then clicked "resume" as we straightened up......and shat me pants as the ****** thing kicked down and floored its own throttle to get back to 70....yikes that was a hairy one lol