1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New cruise and PDC fitted!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by AndymacA4, Dec 6, 2008.

1. AndymacA4

AndymacA4 Member

I bite the proverbial bullet and got Hazzy Dayz to fit my 2001 A4 with Parking Distance Control and cruise control yesterday. They look very nice and work lovely. Well done Hazzy Dayz.

I managed to get 36.5mpg on a strip from cold this morning, about a 15 miles drive there and the same back. Cruise controlled at about 60mph all the way on single carriageway A-roads(except slow bits behind lorries) Usually on the same journey it shows about 30mpg. Cruise makes fuel economy better. Hooray!

Andy
  2. sworks16

sworks16 Member

have you got an pics of the rear sensor's fitted?
  3. AndymacA4

AndymacA4 Member

Not yet, but I can do. To be honest they look exactly like they should if the option came from the factory. 4 little colour coded circle sensors. The bumper even has little cross hairs inside to show where you put your drill do cut the holes out!
  4. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Great stuff Andy how much did the full package cost (cruise& pdc ) in total .Did you have them come to you ??? Please post a few pic's of the pdc .Was there any damage to the paint work on your bumper,s
  5. AndymacA4

AndymacA4 Member

I'll get some pics when the car is a bit less covered in filth.

Prices and fitting costs are on their website here

http://www.vwcruise.com/
  6. AndymacA4

AndymacA4 Member

Just found the e-mail I got for the broken down quote for the work:

And that was that!
  7. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

I got my cruise control fitted by a Main dealer - cost was the same.........
  8. AndymacA4

AndymacA4 Member

Was just adding my experiences to the forum from one company. As the BBC say, other providers are available!
  9. evilscotsman

evilscotsman Space Cowboy

my only experience with cruise control was a twin turbo supra auto I had, we were at 70, clicked cruise on, lovely.

Slowed down to check it disconnects, yup it did that.....got down to 25 to make a turn, then clicked "resume" as we straightened up......and shat me pants as the bloody thing kicked down and floored its own throttle to get back to 70....yikes that was a hairy one lol