1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new clutch needed

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by tdi-man, Feb 19, 2014.

1. tdi-man

tdi-man Well-Known Member

clutch has slipped a couple of times lately so am after some recommendations for flywheel clutch upgrade

thanks

BKD ENGINE 6 SPEED BOX
  2. SmithyAG

SmithyAG Active Member

Try darkside developments, they are quite well priced. Even the standard flywheel and clutch is cheaper from them than my garage could get it. And they do uprated ones for if your looking to do some power upgrades in the future.

Are you looking for supply and fit or just supply?
  3. tdi-man

SURPLY only aready running a helix clutch but am running 233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm so need somethink better
    tter
  4. tdi-man

going for a new sachs flywheel new sachs performance clutch kit . rated at 550 nm should do the job..

Im sure theres nothing wrong with my flywheel but replacing any way and will be inspecting my helix clutch as think that will be ok if someone needs a new clutch and isn't running over 400nm 220 bhp. only slipped twice so should be ok.
  5. JRock247

JRock247 Active Member

Sorry to jump into this thread but my Flywheel is on the way out so looking to get a new flywheel & clutch soon. Any advise on what to get? I 'may' look at getting a performance increase but will only be looking to up to about 170 - 180BHP from my standard 140 BKD engine. I was looking at the SACHS flywheel/clutch kit from DarksideDevelopments, price seems pretty good. (trying to keep cost down as much as possible as only just forked out for a new turbo couple of months ago)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  6. tdi-man

for 180 bhp you should be fine on standard clutch . cheapest place to get a flywheel is eurocar parts . also the sachs performance clutch is good for 550 nm but the ones advertised on there site only say 475nm..... my helix clutch will be fine for 180 bho if your interested or im going to ebay it when its checked over and taken out .
  7. JRock247

JRock247 Active Member

8. tdi-man

that's from techniclutch they are the worst people to buy a clutch from...google the name
  9. JRock247

JRock247 Active Member

Cheap for a reason! Thanks for pointing that out m8, just read a few posts on here regarding that company, nothing but bad bad reviews.
    I will stay WELL clear of them!