New Cat Required...Options?

youstolemyname

Reaction score
Hi there, local indy has told me the rattle in my exhaust is the interior part of my cat coming loose. They said there are no aftermarket parts and the price would be circa £1100 to replace it.

Do I have any other options?

Thanks in advance for any help

Try these guys mate Diesel Particulate Filter, Catalytic Converters, Engine Oils - Click Car Parts Limited

Needed a new cat for missus polo recently, TPS and AUDI both wanted around around £500 and that was with my discount!

Got an aftermarket one from them for £100 delivered. They claim that they are upto OE standard plus you get two year warranty. I then took the part to my mechanic. Job done.

Overall had an all round excellent experience with these guys.

thanks, have emailed them. Couldn't find the part listed on their site or eurocarparts which suggests the no aftermarket bit might be right?

They don't list all their parts mate, your best bet is to call them on Monday. What year and engine you got mate?

Hi there, local indy has told me the rattle in my exhaust is the interior part of my cat coming loose. They said there are no aftermarket parts and the price would be circa £1100 to replace it.

Do I have any other options?

Thanks in advance for any help

What are the symptoms mate is it a constant rattle?

No mate only at low revs...

I'm asking because I get a rattle only when the car is warm and only when driving not when reving.. Between 2800 and 3000 rpm only like a metallic rattle... I thought it was heat shield or something, does that tally with yours?

No, mine is only at low revs/idle. When driving its fine barely audible if at all...

Did you give them guys a call to see if they stocked the cat for your car?

Did you give them guys a call to see if they stocked the cat for your car?

Yes mate, it isn't approved by their supplier yet so no joy.

Out of interest should the left hand exhaust pipe give out any gas at idle? Mine doesn't!!

Sorry to bump a very old thread but I wanted to post the solution.

rattle was a broken flexi joint, the lack of exhaust gas was a broken valve. No new cat needed. Pipewerx in Lathom sorted me out, extremely happy with them.