New car

Vertigo1

Reaction score
About time I posted some pics of the new car :)

Full spec:

A3 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Phantom Black
DVD SatNav Plus
GSM phone prep in armrest
BOSE
Folding & dimming mirrors
Front centre armrest
Multifunction wheel
Interior lighting pack
Light & Rain sensor pack
Lumbar adjustment
Luggage pack
Reversible boot mat

ext1.jpg

ext2.jpg

ext3.jpg

ext4.jpg

int1.jpg

int2.jpg

int3.jpg

cradle.jpg

very nice lad

do you have to use a cd changer to play the cd's??

The drive for the nav disc behind the screen will play CDs but you obviously have to remove the nav disc to do it. Only other way is to get an external changer but I didn't bother with this as I don't see the need to use CDs any more :)

is there much difference between the 140 and 170 diesel in terms of performance?

A surprising amount of difference actually, more than a mere 30bhp would suggest (it also has 22lbft more torque). The main advantage is that it revs much more freely. Whereas the 140 is getting a bit breathless around 4k rpm, the 170 will happily pull through 4.5k and on towards 5 (redline still at 4.5). It's also a fair bit quieter.

What's it like at the low end ?
Does it still have the 'cliff face' in the torque curve at 2000 rpm like the 140 ?

mfspen said:
What's it like at the low end ?
Does it still have the 'cliff face' in the torque curve at 2000 rpm like the 140 ?
Much the same yet, not much shove below about 1800rpm and then it's off like a scalded cat :)
benw123 said:
Nice one! Great-looking car and terrific spec. Time for a new avatar too!
Heh, need to get some snaps of this one on the 'ring to replace the avatar with. I do actually have a pic of my name spraypainted on the track but it doesn't work when shrunk to avatar-size:

IMG_1336.jpg