mark88

Reaction score
It's got some welly....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Only driven about 50 miles but some initital observations in regards the A3.

- The cabin feels a lot smaller than the A3
- The rear legroom is possibly worse than the A3
- The boot is HUUUUGE
- The steering is so direct, heavier than the A3 as well which I always felt was really light.
- It sounds a bit nicer than my 2.0TDi, weird
- I can drive round town in 6th gear!
- It feels no bigger to drive than the A3, although I did have a Q7 for a month in between so that might be why.
- I've been seeing the MPG in the high 20's, surprisingly better than I thought
- Gear knob actually requires a bit my force that my A3, it's more notchy too.
- The clutch is fantastic, as are the brakes.
- Everytime I turn the car on, the ****** radio comes on

Black one of these in my street.
Unholy racket and driven by a right wide boy.
He's one of those knobbers that wants to announce his presence all the time.
Stereo's invariably blaring with the windows down.
He also likes to treat the spaces between the speed bumps on our street (dead end street with lots of kids) as personal acceleration/braking zones.
When the car sounds like a spitfire,it gets really ****** annoying,when the rest of the neighbours (Porsche/BMW 6 series,Maserati) can go up and down the street without one knowing.
I'm afraid he just reinforces my thoughts that the S/RS series is a bit 'chav',sorry...

Yours is a nice colour though.
We considered similar for the wife's Clio.

my next car, in black or daytona if i can get the pennies to stack up :)

Love them to bits... any chance of some interior pics Mark?

Very nice Mark, shame you always get some one with negative attitude knocking it.

Stunning !!!

Nearly had a test drive in one (same colour) just after ordering my car, declined on the grounds that had I drove it I would of bought it, which would of meant having to buy a second car to get the mountain bikes in, not keen on racks etc.

Awesome car though matey, enjoy !!

Mark

Had a black one for the day and they are awesome!
How someone calls it chavvy is beyond me though!!!! One bad driver means all S/RS drivers are chav's????

Anyway, agree with your comments, when I had the car the best thing I found was pootling around in 4th 5th with 1500 RPM and just putting my foot down - rev's clime, but speed climes soooo quickly - it was a great! especially the last 4 years i've had turbo power, so not a lot happens down at 1500 rpm!!!!!

Enjoy it mate, it's in the best colour (I would say that though!) and is what I really aspire to own!!!

:)

i would ignore bowfer... im not sure whats wrong the guy but basically from reading his MANY posts.... every single car on the road these days is chavvy, even his own....

Hopefully the chav chip will drop off his shoulder sometime soon :)

bowfer said:
I'm afraid he just reinforces my thoughts that the S/RS series is a bit 'chav',sorry...quote]

As for the car, gorgeous mate.

CHAV !?! How rude !! This guy came on here to show like minded people his new pride and joy and gets greeted with that ********. Id rather be a chav with manners than stuck up and without them.....not that i am, actually i must be ive ordered an S3 !!!!

Love the car Mark, enjoy !

Nice, for some reason thou I really fancy the Avant version more... must be getting old

Stunning. Had one in my car park at work the other day and it sounded amazing.

You're a lucky man Mark. I'm very sure though that, despite reading your post, the car is absolutely incredible - hence the somewhat sarcastic negatives! Nice one, fantastic machine.

Agree with all the above comments except 1 .....i think you could guess which one.

Fantastic car, looks great, excellent colour too.
That really would get to me to work with a smile on my face everyday.....

1 day maybe.....