1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New car prices set to rise

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by imported_Yaseen, Jan 4, 2005.

1. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[Jan 4, 2005]
    Times article
    "Prices of prestige cars, which have maintained their premium prices despite difficult markets, are forecast to rise about 1.5 per cent"

not too bad suppose....for now!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Jan 4, 2005]
    Dito to ians response ,
    not got the money to buy new , and unless i had really serious money i dont think i would buy new , would prob go for a demo/1 yr old car etc let them take the big hit for the pleasure of owning a new car !
  4. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

[Jan 4, 2005]
    Shhhhhhh..... you'll give the game away! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

How else am i gonna get my next "new" car in a few years!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  5. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 4, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    fallmonk said:
    Dito to ians response ,
    not got the money to buy new , and unless i had really serious money i dont think i would buy new , would prob go for a demo/1 yr old car etc let them take the big hit for the pleasure of owning a new car !

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure that works with Audis, as they control the supply too well, which keeps the prices well up. If you want a nearly new bargain, you have to stick to the likes of Ford, Peugeot & Vauxhall, who are still massively oversupplying the market, and end up having to knock stuff out six months old with nominal mileage, at two thirds the list price or less. That's how I got a Cavalier V6 Auto with 1500 miles for £10K instead of £18K.

Best Vauxhall I ever had. (Don't laugh, it really was a good car!)

6. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[Jan 5, 2005]
    I always buy Second Hand - No point innew cars - Who wants to pay 30K for a new car for it to be worth 25K as soon as you drive off the forecourt?
  7. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Jan 6, 2005]
    Yeah exactly go for ex demo or 1-2 year olds or at least something which still has warranty cause invariably you will need it for something. As for brand new....thats just for people who dont have to worry about money they lose as soon as the drive away from new.