1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New car order query

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by o_rawlinson, Jun 18, 2008.

1. o_rawlinson

o_rawlinson New Member

Feb 13, 2005
    I will be ringing the dealer tomorrow but in the mean time I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this:

I have ordered a facelifted A3 3dr 2.0 TDI 170

Now all the stuff I have seen says that these will commence build from week 36 (i.e September)

However I amended the order with the dealer to add some additional options and at the bottom of the printout from the order system it now has a "Scheduled Week" of 31 2008!

Is this the actual build week because that would mean its being bult in early August rather then September?
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

Jun 17, 2003

More often than not the build week gets earlier when asked about nearer the time, I think its just a rough estimate when you order as many peoples cars seem to come earlier than expected.
  4. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

Sep 28, 2003
    no, the car being scheduled does not mean that, it goes to a stage 'confirmed' which locks it into production. Before that, It can vary quite a lot.
    certain cars get pulled forward but they (in my experience) tend to be either special editions they have geared up for or end of life product (like B7 A4)