1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New car order query

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by o_rawlinson, Jun 18, 2008.

1. o_rawlinson

o_rawlinson New Member

[Jun 18, 2008]
    I will be ringing the dealer tomorrow but in the mean time I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this:

I have ordered a facelifted A3 3dr 2.0 TDI 170

Now all the stuff I have seen says that these will commence build from week 36 (i.e September)

However I amended the order with the dealer to add some additional options and at the bottom of the printout from the order system it now has a "Scheduled Week" of 31 2008!

Is this the actual build week because that would mean its being bult in early August rather then September?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

[Jun 19, 2008]
    Yes that sounds about right.

More often than not the build week gets earlier when asked about nearer the time, I think its just a rough estimate when you order as many peoples cars seem to come earlier than expected.
  4. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

[Jun 20, 2008]
    no, the car being scheduled does not mean that, it goes to a stage 'confirmed' which locks it into production. Before that, It can vary quite a lot.
    certain cars get pulled forward but they (in my experience) tend to be either special editions they have geared up for or end of life product (like B7 A4)