New car New noob questions

Brissel-Chris

Reaction score
Hi guys , i already said my hello/welcome bit in the other part off the forum
but i'll say hi here to all the other A3 owners :D

i have just got hold of a A3 (2000) 1,8 turbo quattro
I have debadged the rear of the car and got the roof corrosion stuff sorted

I just need to fit a aftermarket set of light i have currently bought for the car. Can i ask you guys / girls how the front headlamps on the A3 (2000 year )come out ? I know you must get this question a lot but im having real issues seeing how to take them out. I have took the tork type bolts out of the slam panel trim and kinda got to the point where im thinking the only way im going to get the lights out is to end up dropping the bumper forward or take it off completely to gain access to the headlamps , is there something im missing here ? or does anyone have a sticky/ guide they can point me to please.

Thanks Chris

Did you take the bumper off yet.......?

If not, therein lies your problem!! lol

simch said:
Did you take the bumper off yet.......?
no is that what i need to do to get the lamps out ?

is there a sticky anywhere for bumper removal ? to look at maybe

Yep, bumper needs to come off. There was a basic thread about it on here the other day, I think you need to remove the 4 paslic clips on top of the grill area in the engine bay, two self tappers underneath the car, and then take off the four screws up the front of each wheel arche liner.

Will be doing it mself soon to doa few jobs including fitting my mahooosive train airhorns!! I am fed up of people in M3s not getting out the way! ! !otBMon not