new car help

jzr172

Reaction score
i have just come back from my local audi dealer and test drove a 05 plate 2.0 tdi s line. Its in black 30k miles one owner from new. They want £12500 for it. I am part ex my zaf gsi against it. He said he would want £7100 off me. I he said he would do my plate transfer and chuck 6mth road tax in. Plus the normal stuff 12mths full audi warranty and road side assistance. I am hoping to go back tomorrow to haggle a deal.

I really like the car it drives v nice. I am not to keen on the seat colour there light. Also i am not use to driving audis. How do you get the mpg up on the screen i pressed a few things and it started to beep and a mph sign come up what the hell is that all about.

Do you guys think its a good deal. I was told my car was worth around 5K part ex.

sounds like a decent price to me , and its main delaer , lucky to be getting the part ex value they offered you too.

How do you get the mpg up on the screen i pressed a few things and it started to beep and a mph sign come up what the hell is that all about.

Sounds like you hit the audible speed warning device instead! Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong with the B7, but certainly on the B6 you scroll through the options using a toggle switch at the end of the wiper stalk. Does it have the full DIS? Again in the B6 range this wasn't standard on Sports, so it may be similar on S-Lines...

Most s-lines only had the miles to empty feature. You can add the rest of the dis pretty easily too.

Sorry I can't help with the price, I've no idea what anything is worth these days:confused:

i have just come back from my local audi dealer and test drove a 05 plate 2.0 tdi s line. Its in black 30k miles one owner from new. They want £12500 for it. I am part ex my zaf gsi against it. He said he would want £7100 off me. I he said he would do my plate transfer and chuck 6mth road tax in. Plus the normal stuff 12mths full audi warranty and road side assistance. I am hoping to go back tomorrow to haggle a deal.

I really like the car it drives v nice. I am not to keen on the seat colour there light. Also i am not use to driving audis. How do you get the mpg up on the screen i pressed a few things and it started to beep and a mph sign come up what the hell is that all about.

Do you guys think its a good deal. I was told my car was worth around 5K part ex.

Yes you have the speed warning enabled, you basically press the button on the dash (think its check) at your current speed and it sets this speed which will then sound once you go over it.

To disable this you need to hold the button down (check) and it will disable the speed warning, easy as that.

To get the mpg up you press reset on the wiper stalk, if the menu comes up you just press reset again until your mpg, average speed etc come up and you use the button on the end of the wiper stalk to scroll through the options.

£12,500 for a 2005 isnt too bad but if theres something your not happy with hold out for abit longer and keep your eyes peeled as you dont want to be buying something your going to regret later on.

I bought mine last week and got the following.

£16,000 for....

Audi A4 3.0 V6 TDi S-Line Quattro
38,000 miles
12 months Tax
12 Months Warrenty
3 Years paint and interior protection plus a bag of cleaning goodies.
Plus £800 off the original price of the car.

The car is in maritus Blue with full leather, sat nav, 6 cd changer, auto lights, auto wipers, electric memory seats, 10 speaker bose system, auto dipping mirrors, 18 BBS Alloy wheels, Bluetooth, centre armrest with phone prep, Dual Climate control and i think thats it.

Hope this helps mate.

car is now mine. got a better deal out of him today. 7k , 12mths tax auto glym life shine protection inside and out side. i am chuffed now bye bye vauxhall