New Car Detail - Nano or Not?

trappyj

Reaction score
Will be collecting my new car next week and it's going straight round to the detailer.

Since my last new car nano coatings have become a lot more popular and would suit my needs. (I don't have time to spend ages washing it every weekend like I used to before kids came along)

My detailer has suggested wax protection for the first 6 months and then to go for nano after the paint has settled.

What are people experance with this, I would like to go for nano from day one but don't want to mess up the cars paint.

Many detailers will apply nano/ceramic coatings onto brand new cars without even thinking about it....they would even recommend it. I would request your detailer does it straight from the showroom.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Pook and trappyj
On brand new cars first thing I suggest is for it to be ceramic coated as it gives the vehicle the best start in life, waxing a car makes it look better with a warm glow that you can only get from a caranuba wax but ceramic coatings are hardy and a great start to the cars life, I highly recommend having a new car coated, most of my clients go for ceramic coatings on new cars.
Fran

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanolex Si3D. Stunning stuff, But don't pay over the odds do it yourself. It's time consuming but if you take your time it's not difficult.

I really rate this stuff. I did my wife's new Mini in June and the car still gleams, water just runs off, it's easy to clean too. I use the reactivating shampoo that Nanolex do. I use it on my motorcycles.

what steeve said, nanolex is really amazing stuff. I do plan on putting it on my wifes. Ive applied it to numerous cars since late 2015 and they have all looked in great shape when they come back in . very easy to apply and take off, if you dont do many miles ive seen it easily last 2+years and act like day one. I enjoy spending time out with the car on a nice weekend applying wax but if your not into that definatley nanolex

Iv had mine done a week old with gtechniq cs black and exo few weeks old and 1st wash was out of this world i just wish I stuck to telling dealer not to wash it but I said not like you would scratch it
My new car needed 80% stage 2 to correct it !@!