new car - crease on bolster

Matty that's probably the worse one I've seen definitely worth putting a complaint in.

I have light creasing prob 2 max.

Inner bolsters by the tunnel are perfect - why can't they make the outer ones like that lol !!

I'd imagine any creases would be less obvious with Lunar Silver?

Correct Robert
IMAG0734

But l use a Fosbury Flop styley of entry to prevent this happening....lol and sometimes Kneecap myself on the right leg off the end corner of the lower dash......Ouch a few times

Attachments

• IMAG0735.jpg
    IMAG0735.jpg
    738.3 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound, Simon L and Rob2k68
Correct RobertView attachment 64888

But l use a Fosbury Flop styley of entry to prevent this happening....lol and sometimes Kneecap myself on the right leg off the end corner of the lower dash......Ouch a few times

I thought that might be the case. I have those colour leather seats in my 5 Series at the moment and I'm amazed at how well that colour seems to hide any creases. Will also hide dust better as well.

Fosbury Flop...............Lol You've been watching too much Miami Vice again mate:)

Must admit, I do pretty much the same and my seats definitely don't look like Matty's either ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Did anyone ever get a response from Audi about this? My 600mile S3 is worse than all the images in this thread!

Aud
Did anyone ever get a response from Audi about this? My 600mile S3 is worse than all the images in this thread!
audi are doing mine under "good will" not warranty! Show me a pic of yours? Is it super sport seats? They are shocking for it! Far too soft on the side bolsters

Ironic, I gave my interior (Lunar) a good clean today in prep for it going in a few weeks and for the first time I noticed the wear in exactly the same place on the bolster, 2 creases an inch or so apart. For a 9 month old car with just 5K miles it was a little disappointing to see. It has me thinking already on how to stop this happening on the SSS in my next car.

I shall check the detailing section to see what options there are......

Ironic, I gave my interior (Lunar) a good clean today in prep for it going in a few weeks and for the first time I noticed the wear in exactly the same place on the bolster, 2 creases an inch or so apart. For a 9 month old car with just 5K miles it was a little disappointing to see. It has me thinking already on how to stop this happening on the SSS in my next car.

I shall check the detailing section to see what options there are......
There is nothing that can be done. Audi need to make the side bolster firmer/better design so it doesn't crease so easy! It's sooooo annoying!

Aud

audi are doing mine under "good will" not warranty! Show me a pic of yours? Is it super sport seats? They are shocking for it! Far too soft on the side bolsters
Yes Super sports seats, both the drivers and passenger will take some photos tomorrow, then will contact Audi as have an trim rattle in the rear somewhere thats driving me mad....

Yes Super sports seats, both the drivers and passenger will take some photos tomorrow, then will contact Audi as have an trim rattle in the rear somewhere thats driving me mad....
I was up at the weekend, the door kept making a noise on every bump! They put some stuff on the seals, seems to have sorted it

I picked up my Audi s3 a week ago great car apart from the seat bolsters after 400 miles is looking like this..... What do you think.
Is that a cat paw print in the middle of your seat as well? ;)

Reactions: Blackwhite
Mine are quite bad too, the whole weight and size thing doesn't really add up, my 8P (which I have pics) were not as worn after almost 60k miles.

The side bolsters are quite puffy on SSS, you can really grab on!

I'm happy to be part of any moaning and groaning to Audi UK, because it's not a quality sign!

Hey guys just search for example Audi.co.uk for nearly new car,look at the interior pics of the seats and you will see almost all Audi's suffers from this even the R8..........."Gash foam not Gash leather" but banging a big **** in/out of the seat wont help

Hey guys just search for example Audi.co.uk for nearly new car,look at the interior pics of the seats and you will see almost all Audi's suffers from this even the R8..........."Gash foam not Gash leather" but banging a big **** in/out of the seat wont help

Sounds like my teenage years in my first Golf GTI :flushed:

Reactions: Jassyo06