1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new car!!! at last!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jediknight, Dec 3, 2004.

1. jediknight

jediknight Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    After a few weeks of bugging you guys i am now the proud owner of an S3!!

2001 Y plate, nogaro blue, 40k miles, bose symphony system, full black leather

only worrying this is i havent actually seen or driven it yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif a friend (and fellow forum member) has given it a thorough going over on my behalf!

actually i havent ever driven an S3!! moment of madness??? im sure i will find out when i go and pick it up on thursday!

so...thanks for the advice thus far...but im sure i will have many more questions in the near future!

Nathan
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. marctwo

marctwo Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    Congratulations! I am sure you will be very happy with it. I bought the first one I drove and liked it a lot, it's really easy to drive. There are a couple of negative points (lack of steering feel etc.) but I think all the positives outweigh these. Can't think of any other hatchback that is quite so subtle and yet so special.

Enjoy!

Marc
  4. jediknight

jediknight Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    there aint nothing subtle about nogaro blue!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    Wooohoooo! Congratulations mate. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the car. After coming from your vr6 you'll need to get used to the slight turbo lag but it shouldn't take too long.

I see you gave up in the end and went for boring black leather...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  6. jediknight

jediknight Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    how bad is the turbo lag?? am i gonna regret swapping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

black leather is loads better than half leather half alcantara in my opinion..... would have prefered silver but it looks pretty impossible to find one for good money!
  7. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    Hope you like it (sure you will); youre giving up a classic in the Corrado..Without doubt, the best car VW made!..That one looks a beauty

Hmmm... let me see if I have 6 grand lying about!... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  8. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    The turbo lag is nothing for concern. I personally like the feeling it gives when the boost comes in, you'll love the different delivery to your VR - believe it!

Also makes your car a bit jekyl n hyde as if you potter around off boost you can see 37 MPG but will drop to 20's on the hoof. You cant do that in the V6.
  9. monty77

monty77 Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    Congratulations!

I also put deposit on a 2001 S3 yesterday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Adam
  10. jediknight

jediknight Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    well i have a 4-5 hr drive back from devon to cambridge to get used to the turbo lag...and if i dont think the car is very quick i can always stop at fontain on the way up and get it revo'd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  11. monty77

monty77 Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    jedi-knight83 said:
    well i have a 4-5 hr drive back from devon to cambridge to get used to the turbo lag...and if i dont think the car is very quick i can always stop at fontain on the way up and get it revo'd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

May as well stop in and get the demo mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Adam
  12. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    jedi-knight83 said:
    how bad is the turbo lag?? am i gonna regret swapping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

black leather is loads better than half leather half alcantara in my opinion..... would have prefered silver but it looks pretty impossible to find one for good money!

[/ QUOTE ]

Turbo lag isn't that bad but is definitely noticeable if you're used to normally aspirated cars. I'd never driven a turbo car before and it takes some adjustment to your driving style. Imo that instant throttle response is not there, but when it comes on boost...... wahaaaaaaay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I agree the alcantara is an acquired taste. My main reason for choosing it was I found the full leather way to slippy when cornering.

13. jediknight

jediknight Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    here is a sneaky peek

[​IMG]

14. shagga

shagga Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    Congratulations mate,
    Turbo lag won't come into play if you drive it hard enough so only one solution.

Drive it like you stole it...!
  15. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 3, 2004]
    Congrads Jedi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Start saving for the remap! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Rich.
  16. jediknight

jediknight Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    where is the best place for a remap then? i liked the sound of the revo...but would it affect me getting a warrenty from audi?
  17. cybrey

cybrey Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    I'm personally not a big fan of REVO as they're not specifically designed for the car. AMD seems to be a big favourite on here, personally I'll be going to Jabba once I persuade the missus.

Getting it chipped won't effect you getting a warranty from Audi.. although it 'may' invalidate the warranty. The 'may' depends on what you are trying to claim for.. if you blow up your turbo whilst on a remapped car Audi quite rightly may refuse to pay out the warranty claim. I think ( and don't quote me on this) if you get your car chipped at AMD whilst in warranty they'll take over warranty claims that Audi won't pay .. but I can't remember whether I dreamt that or not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  18. fuzzynapper

fuzzynapper Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    Well done Nathan,
    Glad you have finally found the right S3. Sorry mine did not tickle your bits, hopefuly this weekend.....
    Whatever you do to the S3 make sure you get it re-maped (Revo, MTM,Jabba,etc) It completely changes the car for the better, and the whooosh sounds & feels great.
    Rob.
  19. jediknight

jediknight Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    yeah sorry fuzzy... i really wanted either black with silver leather or noggy with black leather.

i'm sure yours will sell soon though as from the pics it looked very clean!

the plan is to get it remapped pretty soon but i just need to decide which company to choose.
  20. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 3, 2004]
    Congrats Jedi, enjoy the car mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  21. bigshout

bigshout Member

[Dec 4, 2004]
    Jedi, congrates!

I'm glad you found what you have been looking for. I have found the questions you've asked over the lasst couple of weeks interesting as I too am in the market for an S3. Could you tell me how much the car was up for and what you paid for it as i'm looking for near enough the same.
  22. recomdos

recomdos Member

[Dec 4, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    jedi-knight83 said:
    here is a sneaky peek

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the one on Ebay then? I saw it and was going to let you know - obviously you've already spotted and bought it as it said SOLD SOLD SOLD! lol congrats man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  23. trekbiker

trekbiker Member

[Dec 4, 2004]
    Yes,

I'm the one who's driven it for Jedi, it drives as well(if not better!) than my 2002 225bhp Noggy that i pick up on tuesday.
    If he's not pleased(i'm sure he will be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif),on my head be it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif
  24. jediknight

jediknight Member

[Dec 5, 2004]
    ha cheers guys and cheers Martin for the test drive... no way i was going to devon just o look at a car so the whole reason i bought it is down to you! THANKS

it was in autotrader for £14750...martin got him down to £13700 for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  25. recomdos

recomdos Member

[Dec 5, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    jedi-knight83 said:
    it was in autotrader for £14750...martin got him down to £13700 for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

woah! that's impressive - I'll be giving you a shout on my next car Martin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  26. imported_Sem

imported_Sem Guest

[Dec 5, 2004]
    Bloody hell, that's some haggling - congrats, sounds like you got a bargain.
  27. trekbiker

trekbiker Member

[Dec 6, 2004]
    Not as good as the haggling i did on mine, over £2k off the asking price. perhaps i should start up a business?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Its obviously a good time to buy S3s at the moment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif
  28. trekbiker

trekbiker Member

[Dec 6, 2004]
    Picking mine up at 6pm tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif