New buyer for chips

a6khu

A6KHU
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the market for a facelift 225 BHP S3 and am considering options for tuning. My previous car was a Boxster S so looking to have similar performance if not exact :sly: ! I've read tonnes of threads on here for chips/exhuasts etc... but has anyone come across or bought a MTM tuned S3? I've read good reviews of mtm and would consider going to Kim Collins now that AMD's reputation is down. I don't mind paying a bit more if the conversion is a good one. What kind of 0-100 mph time are we talking with 270bhp and 320nm? (i know that sounds so boy racer!!!)
I'm also considering getting Milltek parts. Anything else you guys want to suggest I upgrade the car? I see a lot of people getting lowered suspensions and spacers. What's the story on those? Many thanks.

A search will bring up lots of results on all those questions. I think a member on here has an MTM tuned S3 with circa 330 bhp. Kim Collins is a very good guy and is very professional in his work. A basic remap alone will not get you 270bhp, it's more likely to be around 250-260 bhp, but with a few select mods you will be able to see a bit more. The KO4 turbo on the S3 is not capable of producing any more than 280 bhp at the crank IMO.

Hi - I've got an MTM rechip from Kim, plus a Milltech cat back. I'm running roughly 261bhp and 312lb/ft according to Kim's and the old AmD rollers. I agree, he is a bit more expensive, but I went for MTM given their reputation in Germany and long relationship with VAG. I was slightly disappointed when I had it done with the paper power figures for my car, but the programme on my car gives a lot of torque which more than makes up for that.

No idea what the 0-100 time is. 0-60 is hampered by the third gear change but very low 6's or very high 5's should be possible, depending upon the driver.

TBH if you are looking at a pre-tuned one, then ChriS3's Nogaro one is for sale at £12k and that has a big turbo conversion and something like 330bhp.

Hi ,
Thanks for that. I wasn't after balls out HP figures. Just something to overcome the drop in performance :bye: . I'm having to sell the Box to fund house purchase. I am hoping to move to a 996 TT in a couple of years and will need to save up. I know owners bond with their S3 over a long term, a bit like AMG ones do. I've got a friend at the VW garage which could help out though I don't expect big repair bills. A clutch on the Porsche was over £1000 ! I'll watch out for the usual AC, Haldex issues etc... Hopefully be a owner on here soon. The search starts.......:thumbsup:

Yea i get attached to all my cars i buy them never sell them my drive is now full lol, But i love my s3 even the the clutch and fly wheel cost me £900.00 and its gonna be a biach to fit lol roll on sat, Good luck finding one buddy :icon_thumright: ..
Jeff