New brakes, please advise

Layerz

Reaction score
Right quick intro the car is a 110 tdi.

I think I need new front pads/discs I will check the discs properly tomorrow as I think they are about done, checked through the alloys and there is corrosion on the edges. (car is on 124k)

I will know the full extend tomorrow morning, but anyways, what discs/pads are the best I can get to replace stock?

I am checking out the gsf website and I am wondering what the difference is between:
60225 BRAKE DISC-VENTED BREMBO A4Q 1.8T / 1.9TDi AFN/AJM Engs./ 2.4 / 2.5TDi / 2.6 / 2.8 V6 95> £22.50
60225F BRAKE DISC-BREMBO'MAX' A4 1.8T / 1.9TDi AFN/AJM Engs./ 2.4 / 2.5TDi / 2.6 / 2.8 V6 95> £36.50
That is on the disc front, and what pads should I be looking at? Should I get just std ones, or get some branded ones like mintex/greenstuff?

If your going for brembo aftermarket discs than i'd suggest getting brembo pads, or uprated pads. If your sticking with normal flat face discs than any would suit. Depends whether you want improved braking or not.

Yes I am looking for the best brakes possible without upgrading caliper size.

Any idea what the difference is between std brembo's and brembo max is?

Main difference is the grooves, which help when braking. It helps to vent the gas or water trapped between the disc and pad when braking. Normal brembo's are just replacements made by brembo, not really much point. Get some brembo sports pads to go with it :)

brembo_max_disc1.gif

So you advice I go for brembo max's then?

I hope they are not £36 per disc, althou if they are as good as they should be it is not too bad. Brembo sport pads also!