new boy on the blck saying hello

ah-ha! Ello J, didn't know you were thinking of getting rid of the R!

Weird how a lot of R owners are swapping to diesel and diesel owners are now craving petrol!

Damn that black R32 of yours is nice.
Believe me you "WILL" miss it, Mike_p is on the money with those comments. I want my TTC 225 back! After 2 weeks with my A3 2.0 diesel sport.

I've had an A3 2.0 TDi on loan from the garage while my S3 is in and I really like it! It's much quicker than I expected and you still get MPG in the high 50's. I am starting to miss my S3 though, she's a bit more special.

The noise of the r32 is very adictive but I have had it for almost a year and after putting £200 a week in the tank of optimax the times has come to say good bye. Just got married and want to move house next year and start thinking about a family. I've worked out that swapping over to a diesal will save me around £3K a year so effectively I have just given myself a £5k pay rise!

Been eating my words a bit as well as I vowed I wouldn't go for a diesal but hey I was enlgihtened and have moved over to the dark side and that DSG gearbox is a gem!

I've gone for black with the black and silver interior, xenon's, bose and few other bits and bobs.

Just need to sell the R now...

J.

[ QUOTE ]
Mike_P said:
ah-ha! Ello J, didn't know you were thinking of getting rid of the R!

Weird how a lot of R owners are swapping to diesel and diesel owners are now craving petrol!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not... will never go back to petrol now I know how far I can go with the diesel, and the fact that the 2.0 TDi can keep up with those better cars on the road with the HUGE amount of torque it has in comparisson to it's petrol driven sister... I have the same amount as the 3.2 Quattro... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif