1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New battery

Jpd89 Jun 21, 2012

1. Jpd89

Jpd89 Member

Ok so I'm picking up the S3 today and the battery is on its way out... I've seen a few threads regarding light weight batteries but they don't seem to have a definitive answer!

Shall I go for it or is it too much of a ball ache to bother with? Would be nice to lose some weight from the nose of the car but don't want to have the hassle of it not starting on a cold morning etc. Are there light batteries out there which perform as well as their weighty cousins and don't cost the earth?

Sorry if this has been covered a million times already and I'm just too idiotic to find it! Cheers

Jack

2. Sevv

Sevv Pushing the limits..

no point unless you wanna jump start it every other day.. stick to the std batteries mate

3. Jpd89

Jpd89 Member

Cheers mate, are halfords batteries up for the job or should I be looking else where?

4. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Well-Known Member

Personally I don't rate halfords batteries. I had 3 replacements in a 4 year warranty period on the top calcium battery.

They replaced it every time without quibble, but I'd rather have the reliability.

Buy Bosch.

5. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Yep, I've used Bosch for years, and don't buy it from halfords unless you have a trade card. ECP or GSF will be miles cheaper.

6. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member Team Ibis Team V8 Audi R8 s tronic

Tps have a deal on quantum batteries at minute apparently quite good batteries......... So the counter guy said, me thinks me stick to bosch yaaa

7. Sevv

Sevv Pushing the limits..

yeah mate i use Bosch S5 as they are pretty damn good with a 5 year warranty too