1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New battery/charging battery?!?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by supanova, Dec 21, 2010.

1. supanova

supanova A3 2.0 TDI SE

[Dec 21, 2010]
    My car won't start or even turn over and when I charge the battery it only holds the charge for so long although I don't leave the charge on for that long. I'm guessin that I need a new battery but before I go and buy a new on I've got a few questions.

1. Will I need to reset codes etc if I remove my battery from the terminals to charge it?

2. If I buy a new battery for my car will I lose any codes etc or is it just a streight swap without any hassel?

Maybe I'm bein silly. Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Dec 21, 2010]
    Have your radio code handy, but no shouldnt need to do any recoding of modules/shouldnt lose any coding & if you buy a new one, look at the Varta Silver Ultra Dynamic, better than the stock Varta Blue range that audi uses.

You ideally need to trickle charge for 1-3 days as doing quick charges all the time can damage it beyond usefulness, it needs to read 14v ideally which may/usually does subside to 12-13 after leave standing for a short while.
  4. JimLoskot

JimLoskot Member

[Dec 27, 2010]
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Dec 27, 2010]