New Audio System

bb21

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am new to this and needing some help, advice lol ...my partner and I have just traded in for an Audi S3 and for his Christmas I want to surprise him with a new Audio System. Can anyone advise? We bought the car with the audio system and he doesn't particularly like it!

Thanks, Lauren

Hey Lauren, first of all welcome to Audi Sport Net. You'll quickly realise that time spent on here is directly proportional to the speed at which your purse becomes empty...but its all good fun! Thank you for the tag @FaisalFazeli

Everything is possible from new speakers to a complete system worth upwards of £5000 like that in my car. What are you trying to achieve with the overall sound and what is your budget?

Do you know what it is about the standard Audi setup your partner doesn't like?

Hi Sayam thanks for your message, he doesnt like the Audi Navigation + as you cannot connect your mobile or play music through it the Nav isn't really the best either! Plus it wont let us even play CD's .. just looking for something to replace that at the minute or is there anyway around these problems?

I have a zenec ZE- NC3131D for sale which plays audio through Bluetooth has Bluetooth for calls. I also have the iPod connector. It also has navigation. If your interested please message me.

Hi Sayam thanks for your message, he doesnt like the Audi Navigation + as you cannot connect your mobile or play music through it the Nav isn't really the best either! Plus it wont let us even play CD's .. just looking for something to replace that at the minute or is there anyway around these problems?

Sounds like you're just wanting to replace the head unit rather than the speakers (my bad).

In that case any good unit from Pioneer is what I'd recommend. Not only for their sound characteristic but they come in so many different price brackets you're bound to find one within budget and with the features you want.

How much are you looking to spend?

I'd advise against the cheap rns-e style units floating about on eBay. Although they work for some people they are generally unreliable and use cheap components. They aren't exactly what I'd call good quality.

Reactions: Ahmed Hoang