New audio install

Lex

Reaction score
how do everyone

Recently for my A2 design project i made a audio install. At the time i had a mk4 golf 1.4 and so i made this install for that. stupidly i didn't think about it when i bought the Audi and the boot in the A3 is a tiny bit thiner but i forced it in.

its meant to sit right by the back of the seats but as you all know there is 2 notches either side so it sits abit to far forward.

i dont reall mine at the moment

once i have finished my exams i will modify it to make it fit snug.

its about rough round the edges but it was made very quickly because i broke my arm in the making process and couldn't work.

let me kno what you chaps think.

Making
DSC00438.jpg

DSC00439.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

Done

DSC00459.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

cheers

lex

Why the hell would you want to sacrifice your boot? Don't you go shopping or on holiday? You are off your nut mate.

tyre weld!!

not a bad install to be honest, quite bulky and heavy but always good to see it being done yourself! Did mine in my clio:

17395979a3032399289b188050989l.jpg

But I got a professional company to do the one in the A3

Why the hell would you want to sacrifice your boot? Don't you go shopping or on holiday? You are off your nut mate.

as i said this was designed for a golf mk4 and with the install in the golf you can get the spare tyre thats why its built up the rear of the seats.

if i modify it at the rear i willl get alot more room at the front to remove the spare wheel and put shopping there

And im 18 and i dont do a hell of alot of shopping and this istall can be removed. its not fixed in place.

First... I have to congratulate you for the effort, I would not do it so I appreciate all the effort and workmanship on that.

Second... Personal opinion I don't think it is a neat instalation.... but def a good effort and like you said it wasn't designed for the A3 so tweaks will follow...

But keep up and I am sure you will get there...

Pedro

Lex - good on you for the install. Im always in favor for a spot of DIY and unique customisation. I can see/understand the main reasons to have & not to have the install...but "each to their own" and forget about everyone else.
I wouldn't have your install for my own reasons - mainly practicality.
But I made a "stupidly impractical" install on one of my previous vehicles. Thought I'd share it with you. I'd never do this again!!!
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh107/yung-****/th_PICT0193.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh107/yung-****/th_IMGP0160.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh107/yung-****/th_110_1012.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh107/yung-****/th_PICT0194.jpg

cheers mate

your install looks nice and it leaves enough room for abit

mine would be practical if it could sit right against the seats because is quite thin its just because of those curves on the floor which make it sit forward. as i said it wasn't made for the audi boot.

i sill have my old box for the subs which i may put back in once my install has been maked.

install2.jpg

my mate bought a audi system for a stupid amount of money and we put it in my golf to see if it fitted and its truly silly.

DSC02340.jpg

lex

marked, sorry. im abit thick

im only 18 but have a reading and writing age of a 12 year old

How about a chipboard rear spoiler ????

Mark

:wtf: nah its alright i bought a vortex spoiler.

im not a CHAV. yes im 18 and i like loud music and the standard audio set up is ok its not perfect.

please dont jump to conclusions just becuase i have a audio install.

i wont be putting neons or boy racer body kits on my A3

i wish i had never posted this now. i should have known audi owners would not liked anything slightly different.

cheers

lex

Don't be defeated lad keep at it!

I have all the same things done to my car!

There will always be an element of this going on, i have seen it loads on other forums. Just remember that everything you do will be disliked by someone and then you cant go wrong. I personally think it looks good, albeit not for the right car but you stated that already. Once it is finished and made to measure dont be affraid to put the photos up just because you think people will jump to conclusions. If everyone did that we would never have anything to read.

Rich

:wtf: nah its alright i bought a vortex spoiler.
please dont jump to conclusions just becuase i have a audio install.

i wont be putting neons or boy racer body kits on my A3

i wish i had never posted this now. i should have known audi owners would not liked anything slightly different.

:nyah: Just pulling your plonker matey, don't worry. At the end of the day you have a nice car for one so young, you do what you want with it, your install may not be to every ones liking, who give' a damn.

I would not be able to get my mountain bikes in the back with all that MDF, so no use to me.

Enjoy !!

Mark

There will always be an element of this going on, i have seen it loads on other forums. Just remember that everything you do will be disliked by someone and then you cant go wrong. I personally think it looks good, albeit not for the right car but you stated that already. Once it is finished and made to measure dont be affraid to put the photos up just because you think people will jump to conclusions. If everyone did that we would never have anything to read.

Rich

yeah i know lots of people wont like it. its just those scarky comments annoy me abit.

cheers

Hey don't worry about them, they're all just a bunch of oldies who cant handle loud
music and have to worry about room for their shopping!

I'm 20 and when I get my Audi a3/s3 one of the first things I'm going to do is put my subs in! I love my music and most of I love BASS and i know for sure the people in my neighbourhood don't, so will be putting in a heck of a lot of soundproofing to keep it to myself!

I live on a main road, and at peak times the traffic can build up outside. There is 3 types of people I love the most.

twats on bikes with loud 'cans'
twats in cars with loud 'zorsts'
twats in anything with bass so fcking loud it makes the house vibrate

Plenty of sound proofing is a good thing! ;)

so im a ****?

just got to say one thing, double glazing?

well when I am 60 I am going to cruise around town on my car with windows down really digging out loud classical music at 11pm....

I don't have a problem with people enjoying their music... But I do have a problem when the volume is at such levels that it annoys other commuters... Not saying you Lex... but you know what I mean.

Like going on a train a gettint the twats with the radio very high you cannot even hold a conversation... I just feel like kicking the hell out of them... but being cowards they rely on knifes and friends to cover their backs... ****** unfit teenagers...

Pedro

so im a ****?

obviously you know how good the metal and glass in your car is in stopping the sound from escaping - double glazing will have feck hall of an impact

next point?

bit harsh ? the idea of making a better system is to keep the sound in the car though, not saying your system is like that though.

well when I am 60 I am going to cruise around town on my car with windows down really digging out loud classical music at 11pm....

Surely that should be at 7am, once all the young ones are just starting to get their hangovers kicking in... 11pm, they are all at the pub/club :rockwoot:

Cheers,

so im a ****?

bit harsh ? the idea of making a better system is to keep the sound in the car though, not saying your system is like that though.

:iagree: bit harsh that is not the first quote

At the end of the day this is a forum, I have been a member on this forum for a few months now and I have found it very useful, found out a lot of things I didn't know and also hope I have helped people out with my knowledge. The one thing that gets to me is people that slag of and slate what other people do, I know people have the right to give their opinion but sometimes is it not best to keep your opinions to yourself. I dont want to start a mass debate, suppose thats my opinion and maybe as I say I should keep my opinions to myself.

Lex mate i think you've done a good job. dont worry about what other people say. think it looks good. If you dont want to take up asmuch space why not just got for a 1x 12" rockford fosgate t2 that will sound awesome!!

Lex mate i think you've done a good job. dont worry about what other people say. think it looks good. If you dont want to take up asmuch space why not just got for a 1x 12" rockford fosgate t2 that will sound awesome!!

cheers fella but i dont have enough money to buy new components atm so i got to make do with my 3 8"'s

Hi Lex, I dont think you posted this thread to ask what people thought of you as an individual, more to ask what people think of the workmanship, and in that respect ive got to give you props mate, that looks real good, the jigsaw work looks quite intricate, and everything is plumb and in line etc so well done mate.

Try not to get offended by people who dont get it, thats life mate.