1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new audi stereo (2003) in older car (1999)

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by barnyrubble, Aug 14, 2008.

1. barnyrubble

barnyrubble New Member

i have bought a concert cd stereo taken from an 03 plate a4 and have fitted it to my 99 a4, i have read some info about post 2001 models having a canbus system so i realise it will never work throught the ignition and speed controlled to car speed etc. i am happy enough switching on and off manually. the cd player, radio and cd changer all work fine, the only problem i have is front speakers do not always work, mostly on switching the unit on just the rears work, but on a few occasions all the speakers work. Any ideas whats causing this? is there something i can do to ensure all speakers work all the time. Should all the spaekers work without canbus sytem? Any help would be greatly appreciated otherwise i will need to sell the stereo and find another facie as i have already cut it to fit the new stereo! Doh!!!! Ideas on best place to get a new facia? its one thats has a cut-out for air con unit also!

Thanks!