1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Audi owner on the scene!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by devilchef1981, Jan 20, 2012.

1. devilchef1981

devilchef1981 New Member

[Jan 20, 2012]
    Hi guys/girls, iv recently become the proud owner of an Audi A3 se 2.0ltr Diesel DSG, in black with paddles, full leather etc etc Its in great nick with FASH , 100k for £5k. That sounded reasonable to me

Ive had it a couple of weeks and still love driving it, its such a joy to be behind the wheel and in comparison to my previous car (Ford Mondeo) its immense! I've always admired Audi's but always thought it was out of my price range but when I saw this, the minute I sat in it i was buying it.

I do, however have a few questions if I may:

1. The auto gearbox seems to have a delay from a standstill or a crawling speed. When i put my foot down it takes a good 3/4 of a second to kick in, which sometimes is crucial to get away from islands, junctions etc. Especially living in Birmingham! Is this normal? I have owned auto's before but never noticed it, only with this.

2. I have the RNS-E unit built in, which is fantastic, it also has Bluetooth capability. I can connect my iPhone 4s to it and make calls but no one can hear me. I have full sound of the person the other end. I do have a mic stuck next to the interior light but i cant get it to work. Also, i must add, when i connect my phone recognises it as a parrot? Thought that may be a point worth mentioning as i was expecting it to display "Audi" or such like.

I cant bring any other to mind at the mo, there probably is some but ill leave it at those 2 for now

Cheers!

Matt
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. cloughy

cloughy Member

[Jan 20, 2012]
    Hi and welcome!

gearbox sounds normal to me, there's always that slight delay when 1st gear engages but once you get use to it you plan for it and it becomes manageable

Worth checking though that the box has had its oil and filter changes at 40k & 80k
  4. Digzz

Digzz "Started From The Bottom" VCDS Map User

[Jan 20, 2012]
    for a min ...I was a bit pissed that I did'nt have DSG...But now your making feel happy that I don't have it. :happy:
  5. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 20, 2012]
    Hi matt, welcome to ASN. Hope you enjoy the forum.
  6. cloughy

cloughy Member

[Jan 20, 2012]
    Although if you want to get away quickly check out the launch control feature explained in the manual
  7. wez3570

wez3570 Member

[Jan 20, 2012]
    Car pics?
  8. devilchef1981

devilchef1981 New Member

[Jan 21, 2012]
    Cheers for the replies and thanks for the welcome. I was a regular user on the talkford when i owned the mondy but I've now gone up in the world. :icon_thumright:

I kinda thought it was the norm for auto boxes and I'm already adjusting to get away quickly. The box had its oil change etc on it major service 1000k ago, that was something I checked when I bought the car after some DSG research. I spotted the launch control in the manual, sounds like fun. Does it have any detrimental effect on the gearbox though?

I really want to post some pics but I'm waiting for the weather to dry out so I can give it a good clean & polish :icon_thumright:
  9. RedDejavu

RedDejavu Well-Known Member

[Jan 21, 2012]
    :sign_pics: