1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Audi owner + Caterham7

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by Neal_A3T, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Tony7

Tony7 New Member

[Nov 28, 2004]
    We have just bought a 2000 Audi A4 2.5TDI Quattro Avant. Part ex'd a Subaru Impreza P1 and got money back so not so bad. Subaru too expensive (insurance serviceing petrol) but it was bl**dy quick, but the Audi makes more sense.

Also have a 200bhp Caterham for fun. I think there are quite a few Caterham/Audi owners out there.

Already had help from members on this site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif. If it is half as good as blatchat ( Caterham/Lotus 7 owners club web site) then this will be a great place for help an assistance!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Nov 28, 2004]
    Hi mate welcome, nice car u have bought ,BUT it must feel sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow comparred to a P1 ! also my mate has a caterham very nice and fun motoring !
  4. Neal_A3T

Neal_A3T Member

[Aug 20, 2003]
    I'm up for this
  5. StephaneS

StephaneS Member

[Nov 29, 2004]
    Hi and welcome.
    what you have is very close to what I want when I go back to france in 6 months.
    An A4 quattro avant diesel and a track type car. Perfect!
    What caterham is it? R400?
  6. Tony7

Tony7 New Member

[Nov 29, 2004]
    Hi,

Yes do not keep reminding me it is somewhat slower than the P1!

My Caterham is a Zetec engined 7 road legal but stripped of all non essentials if that is possible with a 7. car weighs about 500kgs with 200bhp so has 400bhp/tonne making it pretty quick. Mainly used on Track days and Sprints/hill climbs P1 seem slow compared to this!
  7. Andy101

Andy101 Member

[Nov 29, 2004]
    Sounds like a pretty good combintion of motors to me. Maybe see you at Elvington sometime soon.
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  8. imported_glen_jai

imported_glen_jai Guest

[Dec 6, 2004]
    Arrrr a P1!!!
    I put a deposit down on one of those, and then realised my insurance wouldn't cover me, so had to bail out and bought a mundane motor instead... I suppose I'm glad to hear you say that it's too much to insure/service...Makes me feel abit better.
    Still... the fastest 4 wheels I've ever driven to this day... well done mate.
  9. Andy101

Andy101 Member

[Dec 8, 2004]
    Picket,

I was there this summer in my mates Elise. Great runoffs which always come in handy!
    Give me a PM before you head down.
    Cheers

OB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  10. imported_RastaS4

imported_RastaS4 Guest

[Dec 13, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    glen said:
    Arrrr a P1!!!
    I put a deposit down on one of those, and then realised my insurance wouldn't cover me, so had to bail out and bought a mundane motor instead... I suppose I'm glad to hear you say that it's too much to insure/service...Makes me feel abit better.
    Still... the fastest 4 wheels I've ever driven to this day... well done mate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as fast as a modded S4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (I mean my modded S4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

And probably not as fast as the Evo8 FQ340... that's a f**king fast car.

G