1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Audi A3 owner (8P2 I believe)

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Hurstie, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Hurstie

Hurstie Member

Hi everyone, first post here.
    Today I purchased a 55 plate Audi A3, 1.9 TDi Sport.

I pick it up next Saturday, the garage I am buying it from are doing a full service/cambelt kit before I collect it.

Something I didn't look at when viewing it was the audio system. I had a little play with the concert stereo but didn't think to check about aux connectivity etc.
    The advert lists:
    "Concert radio/single CD player with MP3 facility" - What is the MP3 facility?
    "Auxiliary input socket" - Where will this be located? I would assume in the glove box?

Sorry for a totally newbie question, I've tried searching up about the MP3 facility etc but couldn't find specific answers.

Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. s8craig

s8craig Active Member
    VCDS Map User

MP3 facility is the ability to read a CD of MP3's rather than CD audio, so you can get 10 times as many tracks on a CD

Aux should be near the hand brake somewhere, a little flap marked "AUX"

4. Hurstie

Hurstie Member

Thanks mate, I'll have a look when I collect it.

Could've just waited until I got it to check but general new car excitement is getting to me!

5. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter TeamMisano quattro Audi S3

Welcome to audi-sport.net. The aux socket is either just behind the handbrake or in some cases if you lift the armrest you will see it. Have a read of the faqs threads at the top of this section, lots of useful info in there, and lots of friendly helpful people. Enjoy the forum. :) x

6. Hurstie

Hurstie Member

Hmm...no aux input. That's disappointing.