New Audi 2DIN player in my audi a3 2010 sportback

I'm sure someone on here has it fitted somewhere but search isn't working right now. I'm sure I read that it crashes once in a while with chinese language popping up, not sure it its same.
But seriously though, street fighter in the car! LOVE IT!
Let me know if you find any information :icon_thumright:

It's gonna be like an iPhoney surely - looks ok, but ultimately is a crock of ****.

For more cash than an RNS-E, that makes no sense to me.

Hey! I know!! Street fighter kicks ***!

The player looks nice og all the specs but It looks so "chinese" made on this page...looks like a childs player som toys are us..hehe

Hope someone has got this fittet so I can order it soon.

Hey! I know!! Street fighter kicks ***!

The player looks nice og all the specs but It looks so "chinese" made on this page...looks like a childs player som toys are us..hehe

Hope someone has got this fittet so I can order it soon.

The spec may be ok, but the interface will be ****.

It's the same with all Chinese developed consumer electronics. The spec can thrash the big boys, but the interface is horrible. It's a lot of money for what it is.

Actually Petes right, I thought it was in dollars.
You would be better off buying a RNS-E that WILL work, and hook up any old console for cheaper!
Unless of course you want office in your car! :readit:

hehe office is not that big a deal :) but the RNS-E is sp crapy with no touch screen and you ned SD card for music???? THATS CRAP!
The interface on the rns-e looks real good and I was happy with the loo of it, but the specs made me go cracy. Turn the wheel just for entering letters took forever and you need to get extra parts just for hardrive, bluetooth etc....

Found one more for less cash: http://cgi.ebay.de/AUDI-A3-7-NAVIGA...ZCE_Auto_Hi_Fi_Autoradios?hash=item5d27c0c659

Lets get some comments from othesr that got this player installed .

"New from Ronco" springs to mind :lmfao:

Fed up with your latest wide screen HD TV and comfy sofa ?...why not sit in the car and watch all your latest DVD's ! Ronco brings you this pile of poo to drive you mad !! STOP PRESS ! now complete with static charged 50 pixel screen to remove dog hair from your favorite jumper !!:crying:

It's your cash dude, but it comes down to this:

RNS-E = rubbish spec, but OE user friendly interface, reliable, classy
ebay **** = massive spec, but Chinese badly designed rushed interface, likely to crash, as classy as that other dude's Halfords sticky backed LED DRL's....

Hi All A3 Gurus

I have used both the RNS-E & now this Chinese made HU & these are my thoughts.

The RNS-E was bought as replacement for the crappy Chorus HU which came as standard unit for A3s in Singapore & we pay alot of money for cars in Singapore. The A3 1.8T costs about S$118,000 or about 65,000 British pounds (which I can buy a top end BMW M6, I think, so you guys don't complain please).

The RNS-E was bought from a seller in Germany (together with cable harness, radio codes, Navigation & removal keys) & I also installed the Dension Ipod Interface GW16AC1 which shows the Ipod menus on the MFD. The system retrofit was easy & seamless & the Ipod Interface worked which showed Ipod Menus, Charged Ipod & Steering Wheel Control. But I could not watch Videos, GPS does not work as Audi does not have navigation maps for Singapore market(can You believe it that after how much we pay for our vehicle, they did not deem our market as important to make GPS maps for Singapore???). I had to buy additional cable harness for the DVD & Reverse Camera Connection which again added up to the total cost. While radio & cds worked, it was alot of money for very little function.

I chanced upon the Chinese made HU & asked them many questions before deciding to take the plunge & bought a unit which is relatively cheap compared to the RNS-E. The seller sent me unit with the following accessories :
- Head Unit
- Cable Harness
- Reverse Camera
- Remote Game Controllers
- Ipod Cable
- Remote Control & Touch Screen Pen
Installing the unit was quite easy as its plug & play but there are several things you have to look out which I will highlight later. Unit worked quite well surprisingly, GPS system (a little slow at start up) worked seamlessly & located my destination easily. DVDs played were clear & crisp & so did CDs. Ipod interface showed Ipod Menus & selection via steering wheel also worked & radio functions also functioned. Installed reverse camera (but you need a device to reduce the screen from fluttering) & remote Game Controllers also functioned. So for what its worth, the unit worked what its promised to do & alot of bang for your buck in comparison to the RNS-E.

Things to consider is that the unit only drove the front speakers & the rear amb/sub woofer was not wroking. So had to get my experienced installer to wire amp/sub woofer via the AV outputs. I added amp & sub-woofer & changed the speakers & the unit sounded much better than the stock unit.

So to all you doubting naysayers this unit is quite a cost effective unit. Fit & finish may not be up to Audi quality but for that price, it works pretty well.

I would like to clarify that I do not represent the manufacturer nor supply the unit but only a satisfied customer & enjoying the benefits of this system.

Anyway here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure

Navigation At Work
P1030449.jpg

Navigation At Work
P1030456.jpg

Ipod Interface Menu At Work
P1030442.jpg

P1030457.jpg

Having seen pics of the device fitted and working, I like it even less.

Different strokes for different folks. I am posting pictures to show workings of the HU in operation.

well as a fat ugly grumpy bloke having a mid life crisis...I have nothing of any value to add :faint:

i also have it installed, id much prefer the rns-e but i just cannot justify the aditional 400 on what i paid as for the functionallity of the unit i cant fault it, i love it check out my build thread if you want to see some pics of it with the zune / ipod integration and dvd usage

GPS Arial can be mounted on dash & I have not used TV Tuner but will try to fix it next week

let me know if you work out how to switch to tv channels all mine are tuned but i cant get it away from the digital radio stations!

my ariel is mounted above the map lights do you get good signal with yours?

Hi All A3 Gurus

I have used both the RNS-E & now this Chinese made HU & these are my thoughts.

The RNS-E was bought as replacement for the crappy Chorus HU which came as standard unit for A3s in Singapore & we pay alot of money for cars in Singapore. The A3 1.8T costs about S$118,000 or about 65,000 British pounds (which I can buy a top end BMW M6, I think, so you guys don't complain please).

The RNS-E was bought from a seller in Germany (together with cable harness, radio codes, Navigation & removal keys) & I also installed the Dension Ipod Interface GW16AC1 which shows the Ipod menus on the MFD. The system retrofit was easy & seamless & the Ipod Interface worked which showed Ipod Menus, Charged Ipod & Steering Wheel Control. But I could not watch Videos, GPS does not work as Audi does not have navigation maps for Singapore market(can You believe it that after how much we pay for our vehicle, they did not deem our market as important to make GPS maps for Singapore???). I had to buy additional cable harness for the DVD & Reverse Camera Connection which again added up to the total cost. While radio & cds worked, it was alot of money for very little function.

I chanced upon the Chinese made HU & asked them many questions before deciding to take the plunge & bought a unit which is relatively cheap compared to the RNS-E. The seller sent me unit with the following accessories :
- Head Unit
- Cable Harness
- Reverse Camera
- Remote Game Controllers
- Ipod Cable
- Remote Control & Touch Screen Pen
Installing the unit was quite easy as its plug & play but there are several things you have to look out which I will highlight later. Unit worked quite well surprisingly, GPS system (a little slow at start up) worked seamlessly & located my destination easily. DVDs played were clear & crisp & so did CDs. Ipod interface showed Ipod Menus & selection via steering wheel also worked & radio functions also functioned. Installed reverse camera (but you need a device to reduce the screen from fluttering) & remote Game Controllers also functioned. So for what its worth, the unit worked what its promised to do & alot of bang for your buck in comparison to the RNS-E.

Things to consider is that the unit only drove the front speakers & the rear amb/sub woofer was not wroking. So had to get my experienced installer to wire amp/sub woofer via the AV outputs. I added amp & sub-woofer & changed the speakers & the unit sounded much better than the stock unit.

So to all you doubting naysayers this unit is quite a cost effective unit. Fit & finish may not be up to Audi quality but for that price, it works pretty well.

I would like to clarify that I do not represent the manufacturer nor supply the unit but only a satisfied customer & enjoying the benefits of this system.

Anyway here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure

Navigation At Work
P1030449.jpg

Navigation At Work
P1030456.jpg

P1030442.jpg

P1030457.jpg

From what your pics show i cannot see the ipod track names show on your DIS, is this how its meant to be?

not with mine it doesnt, ive had it running for about 8k mile and no problems

@ itwasntme187, No the DIS doesn't display any information with these units, But there is a unit from www.zenec.com that does display info on the DIS, including navigation instructions, the A3 version is due to be released in Q3 of this year.

@ haider, it seems to be luck of the draw, a lot of people havn't had issues with these units (waywell unit as shown in the pics) I unfortunatly had issues with mine where most of the system files from WINCE just dissapeared, and have found quiet a few people with the same type of issue... there are ways to fix it yourself as most of the time the support you get from the manufacturers is rather useless..

theres plenty of support in the dynavin forums from what i gather users with issues have been those who have bought from a seller putting different firmware on the unit before you get it, im fairly happy with mine but as ive said i have gone rns-e but its increadibly dear to add the same adapters and units to get the same functions, if youre in scotland give me a sout and if i still have the car id be mmore than happy to give you a tour