New and many questions :(

Gabbatek

Reaction score
Hello there, joined today

Just got myself a stock 2005 a3 3.2 v6 dsg s-line with 51k on the clock and full audi service history.

got to say, prefer this over my old 2002 s3 and that was remapped!

ok, the flapper mod....with dsg does it stay closed in drive but open up in sports mode or when does it open?

i just had a look at it with the engine off, and its open is that normal?

had a look at a few guides and i cant see what to do, do you just lock it in its open position or do i rip
it all out?

Other Problems
Does the rear window squirter have its own motor?
Getting a loud whine when starting the car, i think the starting motor is dying so having that plugged in for free at audi ;)

thanks in advance for helping the newb

Hi Gabbatek,

Here is the flap mod from another forum, it explains in there when it's open and when it's closed, it also shows how you can gain control of it. Depends how you like wiring,...

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=1901093

Some people say that this flap was only on the R32 and not on the A3, but I can tell you there is one on mine so it must have been added to some models and not others?

Your whine on starting, is it continuous or does it squeak like a mouse? I had a squeak like a mouse and it was the aux belt, it would only squeak when the starter was turning over.

Not sure a diagnostics check at Audi would bring up a failing starter? Maybe the trained ear of their tech guys will locate the problem ;-)

Cheers man thanks for the link will give it a read over later on.

So hopefully the free audi diagnostic will find the problem, its just a high pitched kind of wine when i start it but stops as soon as the engine starts

Also its a 3 door, does the passenger seat slide forward when bending the seat forward as only the drivers seat does it

Fk sake!! More problems. Will try kicking it hopefully the seat will move