New Alloy Wheels

Roboro

Reaction score
Hi, I'm very new to Audi's having previously had VW Golf's and am looking for some advice please. I've tried to search the other threads for answers but seem to have become more confused :ermm: ............and apologies if this has been answered before.

I have a 2010 plate Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sportback. I am looking to replace the original existing wheels with 18" alloys but I'm confused what exactly I can put on the car?

In 18" wheels you will be looking at 18" x 8J ET45 or ET42, with 225/40/18 tyres

many thanks, that helps. When places selling alloys say for 8PA, 8P1, 8P2 or 8P3 Audi A3's, how do you know which one you are ?

Ideally you need 7.5J for your width, that's factory standard width, otherwise when you get some weight in the back your wheel arches will rub on your tyres in some cases.

8PA, 8P1 are nothing to do with alloy size. 8PA means 5dr Sportback and 8P1 is 3 door.

8P1, 8P2 and 8P3 are non official ways of telling the 3 different facelifts of the 8P.

You can get away with 8J x 18" with an ET of 45 with the A3 - no rubbing with 225 40 18 tyres and they fill the arches out better than the OEM alloys do (7.5J)

Ideally you need 7.5J for your width, that's factory standard width, otherwise when you get some weight in the back your wheel arches will rub on your tyres in some cases.

8PA, 8P1 are nothing to do with alloy size. 8PA means 5dr Sportback and 8P1 is 3 door.

8P1, 8P2 and 8P3 are non official ways of telling the 3 different facelifts of the 8P.

Many thanks to everyone for all the advice and help, much appreciated. When I'm looking at new alloys on the internet they're asking whether my car is an 8P1, 8P2 etc to check whether the wheels I'm looking at are compatible. Mines a 5 door 2010 plate so is it a 8P3A ? Apologies for the daft questions :notme:

As I become a bit clearer on what I'm looking for, are there any suggestions on where best to buy new 18 inch alloys from, I'm probably looking at getting Black or Grey in a matt finish? Any advice on do's and don'ts and what extra I need to get on top of the wheels? Thanks again in advance

I have used these guys recently ... Home page

They are one of the few places that sell replica rotor alloys that have an OEM satin finish - decent prices too!