1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new aircon control unit - query

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by jbcalvin, Mar 2, 2011.

1. jbcalvin

jbcalvin Member

[Mar 2, 2011]
    Hi guys,

Fitted a new aircon control unit a couple of months ago from e-bay as I had the earlier style unit that only went from 18-26 degrees, this one goes from 16-28 degrees and have a couple of questions.

1. The button for the heated rear screen does not stay lit and heated screen not working, also noticed that I need to press it to activate the heated mirrors? Basically when I press it, it lights up for 2 secs and then goes out...

2. Yesterday the econ button was pressed accidentally by the wife and it will now not switch off.

Any suggestions?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

[Mar 2, 2011]
    The unit you have fitted is from a b7 and needs a tweek to the rear demist circuit. Woolord has done a full wright-up on what is required. a search on here under rear demist may turn it up.

The econ light usually indicates one of two things. the first being the system needs regassing or a sensor has broken, both relatively easy to sort. a scan should indicate the sensor if thats the problem

here it is..found it http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...44-b7-c-unit-b6-rear-demist-modification.html :detective2:
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  4. MarkWizard

MarkWizard Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 2, 2011]
    Don't let the wife touch anything!